LegacyGT.com

Auto to manual swap done!!

So I successfully got my 6speed in the Legacy! My car was auto before... so my question is dose the sti trans have a oil cooler on it? My 5eat has two oil lines coming out of it and now there just hanging. Do I plug them or are they supposed to go in the 6speed trans somewhere? Help help!

If worrying about oil cooler for manual gearbox is the largest problem in that transplant then I'd say you're good.

If you plan to drive hard in a hot climate - install an electric oil pump to pump the gear oil through the cooler with - or re-purpose the oil cooler as an extra engine oil cooler - like on the return line from the turbo.

Seriously.. why dosent the 6speed need those

A manual gearbox has less losses than an auto gearbox and therefore they usually don't need a cooler. Different oil type also contributes.

453747.png

so my question is dose the sti trans have a oil cooler on it?

I could be wrong, but I don't believe the STi 6mt comes with a oil cooler.

As far as I know no manual tranny has a oil cooler in a production car. Race cars maybe

Change the fluid every 30,000 miles. Motul Gear 300

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Ok thanks guys! I wish I knew how to post photos on here Ide show progress and all my new shiny parts

On the home page there are directions to post photos.

You have to log out of the site from the home page after you do the process and then log back in. You log out under your avatar on the upper left side of the home page, there is a "log out" link. After you Log Out, reboot the PC, then log back in.

You need to use the "Go Advance"button when posting too.

Sent you the PM I got from one of the MOD's.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

That's the shaft you use from what I've read, going from a 5mt to a 6mt.

I don't understand why it won't fit.

The engine and rear diff mounts are in the same location on a manual car and a automatic car. As far as I know.

I guess you'll have to ask in the Sticky about this.

edit, which I see you have done.

There is another thread from a year or so back about some doing the swap and I think he got CC to work.

Have you asked google ?

The biggest problem is yet to come, a full chassis wiring swap. Then new immobilizer, about $300 from the dealer + labor to get your vin number programmed, since your donor wiring, ecu, immo will have a different vin.

Keep us posted

I got all the wiring already and a guy to do the work for me. Stearing column Keyes and everything. And I asked around and someone told me I got to use a 4eat driveshaft from a 2005 2.5i! Not a 2005 2.5 lgt

Archived