LegacyGT.com

First Mods for LGT '09

Finally thinking about adding some mods. What do you guys suggest and would be a good start?? It's an auto. I'm thinking it will mainly be my DD so I'm not trying to do anything over the top.. I want her to be a bit faster, and sound meaner.

From what I've read, a lot of people suggest a short ram intake, getting a AP, a catted dp, new exhaust and upgrading the turbo. I'm trying to stay around $3-4K. What do you guys think? are this good mods to start with? or do you guys suggest something else?

Stage 2 is an option, but I'd consider a stage 1 tune and keep OEM emissions - it may be the best $150 spent. What state are you located in? If you decide to go stage 2, look into a GESI high flow EPA legal cat ($400) and welding it into a 3" downpipe. The high flow cat downpipes on the market really aren't legal, nor do they eliminate exhaust smell.

Stock intake is great until you upgrade the turbo. Don't waste money on anything more than a reusable panel filter.

How may miles are on the car?

Stage 2 is an option, but I'd consider a stage 1 tune and keep OEM emissions - it may be the best $150 spent. What state are you located in? If you decide to go stage 2, look into a GESI high flow EPA legal cat ($400) and welding it into a 3" downpipe. The high flow cat downpipes on the market really aren't legal, nor do they eliminate exhaust smell.

Stock intake is great until you upgrade the turbo. Don't waste money on anything more than a reusable panel filter.

How may miles are on the car?

This is very well stated.

Take this to the bank.

CKE SSP product information and sales : chris.ckessp@gmail.com

I’m in California.

Yeah one of my buddies suggested the intake to make the turbo a bit louder. But if I don’t need it right away, I can always push it for later.

And I’m currently at 120k in miles.

CARB compliance will be annoying. I suggest the stage 1 tune and catback exhaust if you want some more sound. You keep an emissions legal car and you don't have to worry about inspection.

$3-4k in mods is almost as much as the car is worth at this point. I've spent the money on stage 2 and suspension, but if I did it again, I'd have gone stage 1 and suspension and left it at that.

Archived