LegacyGT.com

Infront or someone else?

Slade-Runner

Tuning is in my future and I'm debating on where to go in the Seattle or to trailer it down to Portland for Cobb Tuner. I went to Infront Automotive not too long ago for some work and had mixed feelings about them. Any opinions on where to go for Cobb Tuners in the PNW?

• 3 weeks later...

The main advantage to the tuner being there is so they can troubleshoot mechanical problems. So, IMO, if the engine runs well, remote tuning is just as good as being there.

I have mixed feelings about Infront. They built my engine, it seems healthy (about 2500 miles on it so far), but I was disappointed by with the (lack of) attention to detail on a few things. I'm doing the tuning, so I can't comment on their ability in that department.

Never had an issue with Infront, John has always been upfront and honest with me about work done to my car and the Forester we used to have (sold). They installed my VF52, SPT CBE, Grimmspeed UP, corrected a mistake where my EGT sensor was installed (done by a different shop) and tuned my car. The tune is slightly on the conservative side but I'm ok with that, better to be safe than sorry. They did forget to put the plastic fasteners back that hold the plastic cover that goes around your intercooler though. Dammit! They owe me $5!

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

I know it’s a ways to go for the WA guys but all I can say is I’m a huge fan of Cobb Surgeline. They have been the only shop I’ve taken my car to since 2006 and I’ve always had a good experience. There is a reason why they are booked out a week or two in advance...

Archived