LegacyGT.com

What annoys you about your new Subaru? V2

Continuing our server optimization and thread archiving.

Previous "What annoys you about your new Subaru? V1" is closed and located in the 6th Gen Archive:

Subaru Legacy Forums -> Site Forum Archives -> Model-Specific Archive -> 2015+ Legacy (BN/BS) Archive

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we were complaining about the automatic climate control? I actually like my Auto setting recently. The fan stays off or low until it's actually able to throw the air temperature I've set it to.

And the front full defroster is only a button press away!

I must be missing something but I cannot get mine out of Auto mode. For me, there's two modes, Full Auto and Auto. I can change every single setting in the climate control, but it will always stay on Auto.

Fan speed, vent position, A/C, and recirc must all be manually changed to be in full manual mode. It's possible.

I'll give it a shot again and see what happens. Will I see the "AUTO" disappear from the instrument screen?

Yes, auto will disappear from the display. That's when everything it's being controlled manually. If "auto" is still showing, at least some aspect is being controlled by the vehicle (e.g. if you only adjust fan speed and vent position, then recirculation and A/C are still automatically controlled)

Yeah. I think some of auto has to do with recirc or fresh air mode. Make sure you try that one too.
I'm guessin' regular Auto has more to do with Fan Speed than anything else...

Full Auto does it all, again, with only 600miles, I'm only guessin'... :)

I'll be glad when the weather around here makes up it's mind what season it wants to be... :)

I believe Auto does everything except control the air conditioner compressor; full auto includes the AC. My understanding is that if you're in full auto and change something like the fan speed, the computer will continue to automatically adjust everything EXCEPT that fan speed until you hit full auto again.

Likewise, if you changed to Recirc/Fresh Air mode, it would drop from Full to just Auto, but the computer again would continue to adjust all parameters except for Recirc/Fresh Air in that case.

From my manual:

AUTO button

FULL AUTO mode operation:

When the “AUTO” button is pressed, the

indicator light “FULL AUTO” on the display

illuminates. In this state, fan speed, airflow

distribution, air-inlet control, and air conditioner

compressor operation are automatically

controlled.

AUTO mode operation:

If you operate any of the buttons on the

control panel other than the “OFF” button,

rear window defogger button and temperature

control buttons during FULL

AUTO mode operation, the indicator light

“FULL” on the control panel will turn off

and the indicator light “AUTO” will remain

illuminated. You can then manually control

the system as desired using the button

you operated. To change the system back

to the FULL AUTO mode, press the

“AUTO” button.

Recently, I can't tell if my subwoofer is working or not. Where is it located?

If you have the harman kardon system, it should be on the rear shelf above the backseats near the back windshield. If you don't have harman kardon system, I have no idea where it would be or if you even have one lol.

Did they add a subwoofer in ‘16? I have the HK in my ‘15 and the trunk speaker is just a midwoofer. I find the system underwhelming. The HK in my ‘09 BMW sounder better.

Lol. I keep thinking Heckler & Koch instead of Harman Kardon when I type HK.

If you have the harman kardon system, it should be on the rear shelf above the backseats near the back windshield. If you don't have harman kardon system, I have no idea where it would be or if you even have one lol.

I have the base speaker system. I'm not even sure if I have a sub, lol.

Did they add a subwoofer in ‘16? I have the HK in my ‘15 and the trunk speaker is just a midwoofer. I find the system underwhelming. The HK in my ‘09 BMW sounder better.

Lol. I keep thinking Heckler & Koch instead of Harman Kardon when I type HK.

The HK website makes it kind of hard to tell although it would suggest the trunk speaker is a subwoofer. It calls out the front door and trunk speaker under the same "C" label which is described as "2x7x10 high efficiency midwoofer and 7x10 inch subwoofer" which would lead me to believe the door speakers are the midwoofers and the trunk speaker is the subwoofer.

http://www.harmankardon.com/subaru-legacy.html

AS Learjet says, the Harmon Kardon Legacy page lists 2 mid-woofers (front doors) and one 7x10 sub (rear deck). They show 8 channels and 8 speaker units (4 are dual mid and tweeter combined units but they claim 12 speakers as if they were separate). They must mix the stereo sub frequencies to one speaker/channel for the rear deck unit to keep it to 8 channels. That is cheaper than using a dual voice coil stereo sub. If you listen to it, it's definitely a sub.

New 2018 Legacy 3.6R owner here. I am annoyed that they didn’t add SI-Drive to the 3.6R’s.

I am also annoyed that every single light in the thing is LED, map light etc. except the door bottoms and trunk light, oh and the tag light. Minor things I have corrected for under $25, but still things Subaru didn’t think through..

I don't think they've had SI Drive on any non-turbo, did they? I remember my 09 Legacy having a "Sport" function, but never Sport Sharp. It was toggled on/off using the shifter, rather than a button on the wheel like the Foz XT has.

Where'd you get the bulbs from?

No SI-Drive, not really needed. If you want more oops there are always headers and supercharger. For $25.00 you need to complain?:banghead:

Now you can put a big Smile on your face (bragging rights) you just did your first mod,[emoji16]. [emoji106]

Laughing at Oneself and with Others is Good for the Soul [emoji847]

Laughing at Oneself and with Other is good for the Soul😆

Fan speed, vent position, A/C, and recirc must all be manually changed to be in full manual mode. It's possible.

It worked!

Now the only thing I'm frustrated about is that the Subaru Dealership's sales and tech's couldn't figure that out.

I don't think they've had SI Drive on any non-turbo, did they? I remember my 09 Legacy having a "Sport" function, but never Sport Sharp. It was toggled on/off using the shifter, rather than a button on the wheel like the Foz XT has.

Where'd you get the bulbs from?

I’m not sure if they ever did. I know the Liberty in Australia has SI-Drive.

I purchased the bulbs off Amazon and they seem to be good quality.

AUXITO 194 LED Light Bulb 9-SMD 3030 Chipsets 168 175 2825 W5W T10 Wedge LED Bulbs Xenon White for Dome Map Door Courtesy License Plate Lights (Pack of 2)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073WWVP76/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_teJzAbVNH928F

No SI-Drive, not really needed. If you want more oops there are always headers and supercharger. For $25.00 you need to complain?:banghead:

Now you can put a big Smile on your face (bragging rights) you just did your first mod,[emoji16]. [emoji106]

Laughing at Oneself and with Others is Good for the Soul [emoji847]

The car has decent power for what it is. SI-Drive would have just made it a little more sporty, especially if it could modulate the transmission like the WRX CVT or Forester XT.

I guess I did “mod” the car. Not a big complaint, but a minor annoyance for something I paid this much for. I’d have expected them to put LED’s on everything with the “LED” package lol. No harm done though. The dealer did tint my windows to 35% for ‘free’ so I guess mod 2?

I’d love to do some real mods, but I bought the Gold Plus extended warranty and I’d like to see 100,000 miles or 6 years of $0 repairs on this car lol. My 2012• 3.6R’s extended warranty paid for itself within 2 years.

Archived