LegacyGT.com

ACT LGT HD street clutch failure..!!

Ridgeracer

Hey guys. I thought I would share a pic of the pressure plate that I removed after only about 25K miles/3 yrs use. My problems started last week when I drove home from work to my granny's house. I parked the car then about 1 hour later when I was leaving, I couldn't get the car into gear with the engine running. After a bit of trying, I managed to get it into gear but gear shifts were extremely hard. Long story short, I first changed the clutch master and slave cylinder to no avail. Next step was pulling the tranny. Here is the pic below. Notice that one finger is missing from the pressure plate? The finger got wedge between the inside of the pressure plate and the inner part of the disc. I never beat the crap out of this clutch or car since this is my only car. I contacted ACT customer service and they basically told me there is nothing they can do since it's only a 90 day warranty. Never again will I buy anything from these jokers..

1901887442_WP_20130419_001(800x450).jpg.d2cd3de070078a0473c31910779b9f48.jpg

"Gimme mines Balboa...Gimme mines".....Clubber Lang - Mr. T

I didn't know how ACT products for other brands fare but in the Honda community, they're somewhat avoided. Even when there's no problem, they're much stiffer for the same clamping power as other brands. Sorry that happened to you.

I didn't know how ACT products for other brands fare but in the Honda community, they're somewhat avoided. Even when there's no problem, they're much stiffer for the same clamping power as other brands. Sorry that happened to you.

It's crazy how stiff it was compared to the new WRX clutch. A baby could now work the clutch on my car.

Doh, bummer. I'm at about 30K on my ACT. *knocks on wood* Is that a TSK3 TOB I see on there? I've got the same setup.

Nope...Thats the TOB that came with the ACT kit. This time however because I was scared the snout was damaged so I bought and installed the TSK w/TOB. I had no damage to my snout. The TOB in the pic came out still spinning smooth as glass. No grittiness.

Everything is a hit and miss. Every once in awhile you get the bad egg. That doesn't mean their products are crap.

I could understand that but not when you spend more than the OEM part price with less warranty..Also factor in the labor cost of doing this 2x in 3 yrs..

"Gimme mines Balboa...Gimme mines".....Clubber Lang - Mr. T

Archived