LegacyGT.com

Noobish uppipe question...

Scottybue

Will installing an uppipe without an ECU tune (ie. Cobb), create havoc for the stock ECU and violate the warranty? I like the Crucial and Pltek pipes and only wish for faster spool, not necessarily more power (for now). Not sure about this EGT bung thing... Any suggestions?
now rocking the 2007 Mini Cooper S

Hey another Omaha person, cool.

You can get away with installing a cattless up-pipe. The newer models are cattless from the factory so it shouldn't/won't void your warranty(just go to the Westroads Subaru Dealership if you need warranty work). I just unscrewed the EGT sensor and zip-tied it to a hose near the head to keep it warm(it usually operates at about 680ish degrees I think). The EGT sensor is only used to prevent the stock UP cat from melting down and going through the turbo. Other than that it serves no purpose related to how the car runs. There is also a resistor (2.2ohm i think) that can be plugged into the wiring harness where the EGT sensor wires connect to the main harness. Either method should prevent a CEL from firing off.

P.M. me and let me know where you are at in town. We should hook up. Me and a couple other LGT guys are trying to plan an Omaha/Lincoln LGT/Subie gathering for later this month and we are trying to locate all the locals.

Let's kick this pig!

I'd love a meet, just make it waaay late in the month as I'm deployed right now and won't be back until then. Anyhow... it's good to hear that about the uppipe and warranties. Which one do you have? Are you stage 2 or just uppipe?

Also, I have to dime out imposter, as he's another Omahite/Bellevuvian-type with a GT sedan. We should get him, too.

now rocking the 2007 Mini Cooper S

Sounds like a good time for me also.

I have a Perrin Uppipe(cattless), Autospeed Downpipe(catted), SPT Catback Exhaust and an AEM Cold Air Intake for my "stage II" parts plus a Perrin Lightweight Crank Pully, Perrin Adjustable Short Throw Shifter, Cobb Hardened Lower Shifter Bushings, Cobb Access Port with a TDC StageII AEM 94+ octane map that has been dialed in for the 1/8th mile dragstrip.

There are a few other LGT owners running around the Metro area that we are trying to get together. Let's stay in touch and see how many people we can track down and get to a meet in late August or early September. Think about a "fun" place where we could meet too.

Let's kick this pig!

Archived