LegacyGT.com

iONs w/ JDM shocks

Scottybue

Is anyone out there running JDM iON's with JDM (Bilstein or Tokico) struts and JDM tophats? I have a wagon and am looking into getting JDM fronts with iON HDs in the rear mounted on Tokico HTS' with JDM tophats. Looking for a (visually) even drop at all four corners. Anyone care to post up?
now rocking the 2007 Mini Cooper S

I got iON springs on Bilsteins.

Bilstein specific iONs in the front (to make up for the top-hats)

HD rears in the back (too high for a sedan, so I cut a little off of them)

I love them, but I might upgrade to some DMS variable rate coilovers.

Paging Mr. Herman, Mr. Herman, there's a call for you at the front desk.

Anyways, yes, running Tokico adjustables, JDM Ions, and JDM tophats. LOVE THEM. Drop is about the same in the front as my previous Ion/Stocker set-up. The Tokico/Ion drop in the rear is less than the Stocker/Ion combo. Definately closer to what you would consider and even drop front and rear (even though technically there is less drop in the rear and a slight rake back to font because of the lower rear wheel arch). My camera batteries have given up the ghost, let me see of someone else in the office has a camera and I'll try and get you some pics.

Also, not trying to make your decision more difficult, but you may want to carefulyl consider HD vs regular wagon rears based on your usage. The Tokicos alone increased the rear wheel gap by approximately 1/2". HD rears will surely increase the gap on top of that 1/2" when paired with the tokico's.

Edit: Snapped a picture

http://www.photodump.org/stored9/tokicoIon.JPG

ignore him, he'll go away.

Where can the Tokicos be obtained? When I searched awhile back, there was not a source, and Tokico in the US didn't have a listing. Is this a JDM part?

Discontinued by Tokico. As I understand it, it was a JDM part, then remaining supplies were brought to the states and sold under a new part number. There was a SNAFU which involved the need for JDM tophats to properly fit the LGT. Your options at this point are buying a set used or finding some remaining stock somewhere. Big fan of mine, so if you can find some, I'd buy 'em.

Discontinued by Tokico. As I understand it, it was a JDM part, then remaining supplies were brought to the states and sold under a new part number. There was a SNAFU which involved the need for JDM tophats to properly fit the LGT. Your options at this point are buying a set used or finding some remaining stock somewhere. Big fan of mine, so if you can find some, I'd buy 'em.

That's what I thought. IIRC, at least oneof the vendors here idicated that the were no longer available.

Seems that there would be a market for Tokico to fire up the model again here in the US.

Ron

Please post wether they are for USDM stock tophats or JDM/SpecB tophats. As I recall tokiko was doing a redesign for USDM cars. What ever that means.
If he finds some, they will be the existing versions that other members are currently running. Tokico is not redesigning this model to work with USDM tophats. That's not to say they won't come to market with a USDM replacement, but I wouldn't hold your breathe.

Tokico HTS (part # HTS006) struts ordered from car-stuff.com. Sounds shady, but they claim to have the shocks in stock and offer free shipping. Will post again when they arrive. Now to PM Jack at iON for springs and Mach V Dan for the Spec B tophats! :icon_bigg

Nevermind that... Car-stuff.com sucks. Never buy from them. I asked and reaffirmed, and reaffirmed again if they had them in stock. Every time they said they did. Low and behold, I order, and I find out that they're out of stock. Now on to the back-up plan, and if that fails, then KW v2's here I come!

Barring any warehouse snafu's, Dan at Outperformanceshop.com has hooked me up with the coveted Tokico HTS006 adjustable shocks! He seems much more reliable than car-stuff.com, whom I was never able to get in touch with. Thank god they at least refunded my money without a lawsuit... jerks. However, the fact remains, I am continuing the quest for the BMW-handling LGT wagon! :icon_cool 2-3 weeks for delivery.

BTW- Should I stick with my intended solution of JDM iON front springs with iON HD rears? Suggestions?

Archived