LegacyGT.com

the seatbelt chime

^this. Make sure the buckle comes all the way out. I went to do the same thing when I bought mine and it didn't seem to work. Turns out I wasn't taking the buckle all the way to disengage it all the way. If it doesn't work the first time; try, try again. It will work.

• 3 weeks later...
how do I stop the chime!?? I live in nh so I don't need the seatbelt, so I don't ware it.. but I want to remove the chime because it annoys me and the passengers... any one know how to do this?

I understand the chime is annoying, but do you mean to tell me there are no traffic accidents in New Hampshire, so the need for a safety belt, the most basic form of protection while motoring, is not needed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
It works. Just turned mine off last night. Thank god! If it weren't so aggressive in it's reminder I'd have left it alone but it is way too much on these cars.

10' CTS-V, A6, Airraid, 2.4 upper, ID850's, self tuned.

SOLD:06' LGT Wagon. BNR16G, Catless UP, DOWN, Hexmods VB, Hexmods diff bushings, BIG TMIC.

Best 0-60: 4.651 by AP

1/4= 13.678@100.73 mph, 1.945 60', Automatic transmission.

how do I stop the chime!?? I live in nh so I don't need the seatbelt, so I don't ware it.. but I want to remove the chime because it annoys me and the passengers... any one know how to do this?

You don't want to 'ware' it, eh? Something tells me that you won't need to worry about this issue for too long as the Grim Reaper takes care of people like you soon enough anyway....

Put your F***ing seatbelt on and stop being an idiot douche.

/from all the people around you who may be killed by your projectile body

^ its not a matter of wearing it..

or anyone who ever had a bag on the passenger seat .. or dog ...

and even the drivers seat will chime if your sitting parked with the engine running

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

I understand the chime is annoying, but do you mean to tell me there are no traffic accidents in New Hampshire, so the need for a safety belt, the most basic form of protection while motoring, is not needed?

Live free of die state ....

It's not like the state is saying your not allowed to wear your seatbelt.

Considering my neighbour got a seat belt ticket from movin his car across the street.

I wish less laws were imposed on everyone for the few.

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

Live free of die state ....

It's not like the state is saying your not allowed to wear your seatbelt.

Considering my neighbour got a seat belt ticket from movin his car across the street.

I wish less laws were imposed on everyone for the few.

Sometimes rules are there for a reason. Sitting in the car with the chime is annoying while not moving. But to worry about it while driving? Because the state has no law for it? I guess everyone's priorities are different! I WEAR mine just for the simple fact that it is the most basic form of protection one could offer their selves while moving around in a vehicle. When car goes crash, body keeps moving and stops on all the things it hits along the way, sometimes even separating body parts and body parts fitting into crevasses and cracks that you would never imagine something so large fitting into such a small place. I have seen the results of the "no seatbelt" philosophy even at 35 mph. One guarantee, you will most likely have a closed coffin since what would e left, not even your mother would want to look at.

On a lighter note, LIVE FREE! NO SEATBELTS!! ENJOY YOUR FREEDOM!!

That's the beauty of free will. It's his life, he can make his own choices. the speed limit is there for your safety as well, but I suppose you Never exceed that..:lol:

I think it's fair to say even our grandmothers have exceeded the speed limit. But when I do, I have my seatbelt on 😘. Sometimes ya just can't fix stupid. As long as their bodies don't fly out and injury anyone, then who cares right? Lol

I wear my seatbelt just about any time I drive (no flaming here, it is just my habit). However in parking lots or on super short drives I don't always throw it on and that chime is incessant.

I disabled mine by just unplugging the connector (2 pin, not an yellow srs connector) for it and it makes no impact on SRS. Bonus is that I don't have to re fix my chime disable if my battery goes dead. :rolleyes:

I agree. It is very irritating to have that ding the whole time you're stopped and haven't moved. The car is "smart" enough to know my son is in the passenger seat and because of his weight, not turn on passenger side srs and still ding because his seatbelt isn't on. But not "smart" enough to know I'm not moving and simply have the car running. If I started moving, okay, ding away! Good to know it can be bypassed. I usually don't need that reminder. As I made clear above, I always wear my safety belt! Lol

I agree. It is very irritating to have that ding the whole time you're stopped and haven't moved. The car is "smart" enough to know my son is in the passenger seat and because of his weight, not turn on passenger side srs and still ding because his seatbelt isn't on. But not "smart" enough to know I'm not moving and simply have the car running. If I started moving, okay, ding away! Good to know it can be bypassed. I usually don't need that reminder. As I made clear above, I always wear my safety belt! Lol

That whole passenger seat occupancy thing is only there because the laws in our country mandate it starting in about 2005.

Believe me, the manufacturers didn't put it in there because they truly care about us.

I agree with the dinging when not even moving thing, that is dumb in these cars and is the sole reason I disabled my warning.

SOLD:06' LGT Wagon. BNR16G, Catless UP, DOWN, Hexmods VB, Hexmods diff bushings, BIG TMIC.

That whole passenger seat occupancy thing is only there because the laws in our country mandate it starting in about 2005.

Believe me, the manufacturers didn't put it in there because they truly care about us.

I agree with the dinging when not even moving thing, that is dumb in these cars and is the sole reason I disabled my warning.

For sure! It's funny because one time I had a fair amount of crap on my front seat and started rolling out and the dinger went off! My car is like my office am I think I had the whole desk on the passenger seat at the time. Lol. Put a few things in the back seat and singing stopped. Cars. Government. Sheesh.

I think the whole passenger occupancy thing should just have a driver selectable switch on the dash. 1. Empty seat, 2. <100lbs occupant and 3. >100lb occupant but then again, if they did that some dummy would leave it on >100lb and get in a wreck killing their child in the seat and sue.

I think the whole passenger occupancy thing should just have a driver selectable switch on the dash. 1. Empty seat, 2. <100lbs occupant and 3. >100lb occupant but then again, if they did that some dummy would leave it on >100lb and get in a wreck killing their child in the seat and sue.

That's why they take away options. Speed should have been a factor in it's chiming.

Archived