LegacyGT.com

Probobly a noob question......

mcsquish

So I have done some searching on here without finding an answer, and I'm guessing this will be a noob question; but I can't figure it out....

First I have a '05 LGT Brady-Wagon, 17X7 wheels, and currently running 225/45-17 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S+. Before those tires, Bridgestone RE960's with the same size.

The issue I'm having is that the edges of my tires are wearing faster than the middle, so here's the kick in the shorts, I'm currently running 38psi/35psi and have tried going up to 40/38 without any luck. When I had my RE960's I ran 39/37 and had the same issue but since they died before the tread wore out I'm not sure if this issue will go away somehow. But I really don't think it will.....

What I'm wondering are the tires wearing weird because of running the 225 instead of the stock 215 on 7" wide wheels, even though the tires say they work on 7" wide wheels? I asked my "dealer" and all they say is "I don't know, but you might try these new tires....."

Thank you for and advice and if I am really dumb and missing something obvious, please flame away! I hate it when I'm an idiot.......:spin:

Hmmm...

Are all 4 wearing the same?

Have you been rotating them properly?

I highly doubt just the 10cm difference in width would cause this, however I've never run a 225 on a 7" wheel. Personally my minimum for a 225 is 7.5" but that's just me.

..........The issue I'm having is that the edges of my tires are wearing faster than the middle,...............currently running 38psi/35psi and have tried going up to 40/38 without any luck............

If both inside and outside edges are wearing at these pressures, I would check your pressure gauge for accuracy.

all 4 tires are wearing the same on the inside and outside. I rotate them every 6K. I think when I replace them this time, I'll try going back to the 215/45-17's

Wouldn't adding more neg. camber increase the inside edge wear? But it would help the outside.

I thought the same about the pressure gauge and checked it with a couple different ones.

Thanks for the ideas! For all I know the wear maybe normal and I'm just being a flake. I'll try to get some photos if it would help.

Archived