LegacyGT.com

Car bogs horribly when warmed up

So i started my 05 LGT the other day to drive it and it started up good, everything sounded normal.

But when it began to warm up to temp the idle began to start bogging down almost to the point of it stalling.

Also when i gave it throttle while its cold it revs up normally, however, when its warmed up and chugging and i try to give it throttle it will only get to about 3K before it will choke up and stall.

Any ideas on whats going on?

Where are you buying gas? I'm in anchorage and I only buy Chevron or Shell gas. and only 90 octane. don't be putting that cheap carrs or fred meyer gas in your car. I've heard that costco can also be good, but i dont' trust it.

It sounds like open loop/closed loop issues. If your car is running fine when it's cold but like shit when it's warm, it could be a few things. My 1999 legacy ran like turds when it was warmed up. right at 3k it was like timing was being pulled HARD. replaced the knock sensor with a $10 ebay replacement and it's run beautifully since then. I did also replace the O2 sensor from one off rockauto, but i don't think that was necessary.

I believe closed loop is once it's warm, someone correct me if i'm wrong. start looking into closed loop issues and see if you can track it down.

Best of luck.

Archived