LegacyGT.com

BulletProof-TMIC Mod - LGT, 08+ WRX

thats one of those things you have to order. But looks like advance auto carries it

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/otc-cv-joint-banding-tool-and-cutter-otc4623/17631667-P

they may or may not carry it where you are but for me its only shipped.

But i'm pretty sure the overall consensus was that they had to order it. Try a non main stream auto parts store, doesn't seem to be stocked in chain stores.

Lisle 30950 is the cheaper one

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail/LIS0/30950/N0718.oap?ck=Search_N0718_-1_-1&pt=N0718&ppt=C0374

and the better one is OTC 4623

From the looks you have to order it. If you know a local parts distributor, ones that local automotive shops use, same day delivery type stuff, you would probably get lucky!

Edited by Tehnation

Lisle 30950 is the cheaper one

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail/LIS0/30950/N0718.oap?ck=Search_N0718_-1_-1&pt=N0718&ppt=C0374

and the better one is OTC 4623

From the looks you have to order it. If you know a local parts distributor, ones that local automotive shops use, same day delivery type stuff, you would probably get lucky!

Excellent! Good looking out bro, I appreciate it!

• 2 weeks later...

sorry if this question has been asked. just found this thread as I found a leak in my TMIC end tank on the passenger side front side just before the intake manifold.

does this correct for leaking cores or is this to safe your core from leaking?

if the core is leaking, does the channel in the aluminum allow for such gap?

Thanks!

Not sure if it will "fix a leak", however, I can that when you install it you first pinch the tabs with vice grips then gently hammer the rails on... which may in fact seal a leak(s)

Thanks, I was planning on fabricating my own vs buying... so i won't see the instructions provided with the purchased one. would you be willing to post the instructions or PM me the instructions?

Thanks, I was planning on fabricating my own vs buying... so i won't see the instructions provided with the purchased one. would you be willing to post the instructions or PM me the instructions?

Unfortunately I definitely wouldn't be the guy to talk to about that. Being that it's a member who developed this kit and provided it at a reasonable cost to fellow scoobers, I'd feel wrong doing that. Now if he wants to, that's on him. I know he's posted what you'd need to DIY for the kit... there isn't much to it.

That, and I don't have the destructions anymore! LMFAO sorry bro. Send the OP a pm, or wait for a response hear I'm sure it's all G

If you take the chance to read the first post you would see this

NOTE:

If you have the tools and skills, and are interested in fabricating your own kit...

The BP Mod files are still available, just send me a PM.

Just send a pm!

Edited by Tehnation

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators
These are still for sale, yeah?

Checked out the website and it hasn't been updated in a bit. Just want to make sure there's some in stock before I order one.

Yup, replied to your PM also.

For those that have placed orders most recently, I have seriously sucked at getting things out quickly as of late. I just got my saw back from my dad to get things moving again and should have all orders filled in the next few days.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

Great, just placed an order for a kit. Pretty excited to find out about this as I'm peaking around 19psi on a VF40 with Cobb Stage 2 93 OTS. Fortunately the car's only been set up this way for a few thousand miles and everything is good.

Have a VF52 and some other parts going in along with a BrenTuning tune in 2-3 months. Seems like a good time to bulletproof the intercooler and not worry about pushing the new turbo. Will limit WOT time until then.

What is this you speak of??? :cool:

Have a newish stock IC coming in this week so I'll bullet proof that and proceed to beat on the one I have with 112k miles in the meantime. The tabs aren't separating too badly except for a couple notable exceptions. Pretty sure it will survive until the swap :icon_mrgr

edit.. the "newish" IC I bought off facebook turns out to have a leak (can tell just by looking at it). Got burnt!

Edited by bdfreetuna

• 1 month later...

I'll be patient and hang on until you have more kits made with correct length rails. I get nervous around words like 'probably'. Plus, if the rail is too short, will the band hold it as securely and rattle-free?

I really appreciate that you are making these. You are saving so many of us so much worry!

I'll be patient and hang on until you have more kits made with correct length rails. I get nervous around words like 'probably'. Plus, if the rail is too short, will the band hold it as securely and rattle-free?

I really appreciate that you are making these. You are saving so many of us so much worry!

Let me know when you get it I have the banding tool an have installed a few of these I'd be happy to help you out.

2003 Baja 5MT

2016 Outback 2.5i Premium w/Eyesight