LegacyGT.com

Bucking and loss of acceleration ~2500 rpm

I have been experiencing violent bucking combined with/followed by a loss of acceleration from about 2500 to 3000 rpm. I have seen a few older posts with this problem and wanted to know if anyone has figured out a solution?

How old are the spark plugs ?

Have you done a boost/vacuum leak test ?

Most likely a hose blew off a fitting.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

How old are the spark plugs ?

Have you done a boost/vacuum leak test ?

Most likely a hose blew off a fitting.

Plugs are only a few years old. Have not done a boost/leak test. Will look for loose hoses once it cools down a bit m.

If you need a great shop, up in Sterling MA is ESP, Enhanced Street Performance.

For a leak test, block/plug the black hose from the air filter box with a pint size paint can, pull the small hose off the blow off valve, give that hose a quick blast of air from a compressor, then put you thumb over the hose, listen for leaks.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Between 2,500 to 3,000 RPM is what we call the studder zone, which is common with the 4th gens. Some have fixed this with an upgraded fuel pressure regulator like an STI regulator and some have fixed it with a Tune. There are several threads on this topic.

I was able to fix mine with a new LGT fuel pressure regulator and new fuel hoses to the intake manifold. Eliminating the OEM fuel connectors at the intake manifold.

My wife's balls are delicious.

• 4 weeks later...

Going through same issue, car studders bad and goes lean as hell. Only happens for me under light throttle or cruising, if I give it 50% or more throttle through the same range it's fine.

My tuners spent a lot of time with no real improvement. Going to be doing new plugs at next oil change.

PS. It only started after I had the engine built. I had DE 850s prior and did a topfeed conversion with 1000s(e85 eventually). Opensource tune by same tuner before and after.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...