LegacyGT.com

Suspension overhaul

My 2005 legacy gt is in dire need of a suspension overhaul, with 190k on the chassis it’s become quite uncomfortable over bumps, and seems to have quite a lot of bodyroll. My question is, what’s the cheapest/most effective way to overhaul the suspension. I know I need end links and possibly struts, but while I have it in pieces I’m wondering what else I should do. Should I buy bilstein spec b struts/springs brand new? Or do I buy used suspension from a wrx/legacy and just replace that for the time being. Do I buy aftermarket sway bars + end links too? I would like to keep everything under $1500 any reccomendations are greatly appreciated, thanks.

Like Holla mention, what are your goals? Do you want stock ride suspension or do you want sport ride suspension?

Shocks

Stock: KYB

Sport: Koni

End links

Stock: Moog

Upgraded: Kartboy

With $1,500 you can easily upgrade to Koni and Kartboy and have a nice sport suspension.

My wife's balls are delicious.

With the $1500 budget you can definitely make a significant improvement on how the car drives. Check out the bilstein b6 struts. They will be a great alternative to the factory set up. And at least pick up some white line sway bars.

Krm the b6 struts you’re talking about are the spec b struts right? I saw you can buy a whole set for roughly $800, and a white line swaybar kit will be roughly $400 too. That leaves me with $300 to spend on other suspension parts. Other than sways and struts what should I swap out to improve handling? I want to keep the ride smooth if possible, but I’m willing to give up comfort for better handling. It is my daily driver however and the drive to work is really bumpy

The ride will be a night and day difference with just a bilstein/sway bar kit installed. Keep the factory springs and you'll love the ride as is because of the bad roads.

Pm me and I'll send you a link to a place to get the struts cheaper. Don't forget to get the front spec b top hats to be able to use the b6 struts. Also pick up some avo rear sway bar reinforcement brackets.

I have an 06 with a broken spring and bushings that are seeming quite sad. I'm thinking new springs and rear struts as well. Front makes sense to do at the same time. Maybe someone can offer guidance on what to put on a mostly just everyday driver?

Konis, and a full bushing overhaul. Def moog for endlinks. if you do the work yourself(its pretty easy work) you can do more. you can even by replacement control arms with new bushings for dirt cheap on rockauto.com too. if you can spend alittle more in your budget, whiteline KTA124 arms for the rear as well.