LegacyGT.com

Dual EWG Springs

I have a question for those of you with experience with dual ewg setups. I just want to make sure I'm understanding this correctly because I've gotten 2 different answers about this. If both WG's have 1 bar springs in them, would that mean that it would take almost 28psi for them to open or would they still open at 14psi? I am under the impression that 1 bar should open at 1 bar regardless of 1 or 2 WG's.

They should open at 14 psi. You have two paths for the exhaust to follow, so assuming both paths are identical, pressure will be the same on both sides, and you'll double your flow capacity.

So in theory there should really be no reason a tuner can't keep boost under control at max 18/19 psi? Aside from possible a leak, it would probably have to be tune related? I am just trying to rule out any other mechanical reason.

Sent from my SM-N915T using Tapatalk

Try disconnecting one of the gates at a time and see what happens.
Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

If both wastegates are on the same pressurized area then one may not open because the other is releasing the pressure at 14 psi already, right?

It's not that the gates 'use' the manifold pressure up. A gas under pressure exerts equal force at all points on its container. But, if one gate cracks open before the other the manifold pressure may drop before the other gate and that may then not open, or need to.

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

Archived