LegacyGT.com

Pretty dead subforum

Consistent with fewer LGTs driving around here... succumbed to salt I guess. This effin region is just as addicted to salt like to crack.

Not technically from New England here, but I've noticed the same thing. Seems the PNW has the most active community to me. Do they not use road salt? On that topic, what do you guys do to combat it? I'm planning on doing some POR-15 this summer.

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread

No state dumps as much salt as ******* Mass.

I don't drive my fun cars in winter... on the Tacoma truck I am using a combo of Amsoil HDMP and Fluid Film and trying to improve underbody/frame washing regimen. Also have a junker Suzuki I let be eaten by rust. Still going though.

One of my LGTs never saw road salt, the other only few winters. Will be used again in winter, I plan on rust proofing/washing regimen for her.

I need to reiterate that. F**king hypocritical pseudo tree-huggers are all about environment but damn ground waters and streams because their ******* Priuses on shitty tires must have clear roads to move around.

It probably would be cheaper to buy everyone winter tires (e.g. via tax credit) and reduce the road salt use.

saltchart.jpg.b23cc90bc9fafc59869f8e2c0499a9c6.jpg

I don't drive my fun cars in winter... on the Tacoma truck I am using a combo of Amsoil HDMP and Fluid Film and trying to improve underbody/frame washing regimen. Also have a junker Suzuki I let be eaten by rust. Still going though.

One of my LGTs never saw road salt, the other only few winters. Will be used again in winter, I plan on rust proofing/washing regimen for her.

Amsoil HDMP... never heard of it but sounds cool. I bought my car from NorCal where I think it saw minimal snow but Carfax shows that it started its life in Utah. My undercarriage is in much better shape than other Northeastern cars and I'd like to keep it that way. I hope POR-15 combined with Fluid Film will do that. Cleaning out behind the moldings, plastic undercovers, wheel well sheets, spats would help too. I found a whole colony of ants feeding on the detritus that collected in the sideskirts that way.

I need to reiterate that. F**king hypocritical pseudo tree-huggers are all about environment but damn ground waters and streams because their ******* Priuses on shitty tires must have clear roads to move around.

It probably would be cheaper to buy everyone winter tires (e.g. via tax credit) and reduce the road salt use.

I might be one of those pseudo tree-huggers but that winter tire tax credit sounds awesome. Sad to see my state ranking so high in salt usage. They are much better about that out west. It helps that drivers are forbidden from certain roads unless they have snow tires (or chains). I used to work for City of Evanston, IL, and they used a beet juice/salt mixture that helped prevent corrosion and reduce salt.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ups4XOX2koU]You'll never guess what's being used to treat icy roads - YouTube[/ame]

muFreight.co

Bessie II's Thread

I’m just excited to drive a fun car in the snow again. FWD Honda Odyssey full of kids isn’t my idea of fun in the snow. LGT with Nokians is right up my alley. Salt sucks but that isn’t something I control, so I don’t worry about it I guess. Just get a car wash when I can... never thought of or heard of liquid film and whatever else you guys were mentioning. It’s probably too late for that now

In the PNW we use patchouli salts. Organically grown, no CO2 used in production, and it won't rust your cars. They're mined from Hipsters beards and man buns. You wouldn't believe the build up of patchouli salt in those things!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:
Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

I've heard that a lot of the corrosion happens during the warmer months from the residual salt. Water might get rid of the visible stains but there's still enough of the nasty stuff to do damage. It got me thinking of pressure washing with road salt neutralizers. You would attach a pressure washer to something like this:

f3da3361f8529f2dc99095972120e9db.jpg

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

muFreight.co

Bessie II's Thread

Archived