LegacyGT.com

Advice on 2008 LGT

DjRags

Find out as much history as you can. As stated in your other post, check the turbo. If it looks new - run but only after taking the car for a spin to verify you want to jump ship to the good side! Listing states it is a 6 cyl - that it is not.

Thanks for the reply. I noticed the 6 cylinder error as well but I won't harp on them too much since its not a dedicated Subaru dealership. If they can offer a good warranty for a good price I'm in. Otherwise I'll continue on and take a VW CC for a test drive... :barf

don't dismiss that it could be a 6 until you pop the hood - the GT and the 3.0R look the same as automatics with the exception of the hood scoop, but folks sometimes add the hood with a scoop to non-GT cars (there are a few 5th gen vehicles on here that are that way) - they added some later model WRX wheels so who knows. If you can get the VIN, you can look up what it actually is.

in the vin, if the 6th digit is an 8, it's a 3.0R (or if the 7th digit is a 5)

At that age a clean LGT is rare so that is a plus! LGTs are nice cars until they aren't :) If you have it checked by a shop see if they can do a compression test, its not invasive but is very helpful at making the choice to buy or not.

Avg low compression isn't terrible on a higher mileage LGT but grossly mismatched compression is i.e 130,133,139,81 that car has a problem ;)

don't dismiss that it could be a 6 until you pop the hood - the GT and the 3.0R look the same as automatics with the exception of the hood scoop, but folks sometimes add the hood with a scoop to non-GT cars (there are a few 5th gen vehicles on here that are that way) - they added some later model WRX wheels so who knows. If you can get the VIN, you can look up what it actually is.

in the vin, if the 6th digit is an 8, it's a 3.0R (or if the 7th digit is a 5)

FYI, I believe that the car pictured is a GT, because the 3.0R have a higher redline than the 6500 redline the GT did.

• 2 weeks later...