LegacyGT.com

08 GT Cobb intake not supported by Cobb

So I just got. Legacy GT. I got an intake, cat back, and Accessport. So I noticed the Cobb tunes don’t support the intake they make for the car. I emailed them and they told me the only options are to put back the stock airbox or get a Pro tune. This just doesn’t make sense. Why sell a product you don’t support? Has anyone run into the same situation with the LGT? I know that if I run it anyway it is going to throw off my MAF sensor and cause problems, which is not the right thing to do. Any help would be much appreciated with this situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you making over 350 WHP? If not no reason for an intake, stick to stock.

That being said I have seen others post the same thing about the Cobb intake. You can talk to one of the tuners on this site to get a custom tune for the intake if you plan on keeping it.

My guess is standard tunes on the ap are only stage two, usually just a downpipe is required to get that power level out of the package.

Intake, as mentioned, is really only required for way more hp than an off the shelf stage 2 modification. Intake may seem like a simple bolt on, but it's not the first one to do when going from stock and adding only 25-30hp.

What gimpy said you don’t need the intake unless you are making big power. Cobb Surgeline here in Portland recommended I run my stock intake at stage 2 (which I did for many years) until finally upgrading to a 16G turbo. Now I’m running the Cobb as the stock intake was starting to max out

Let me start by saying I agree with all that was stated above. BUT...

I thought they had "stage 2 plus SF intake" OS tunes available.

Or are you looking at stage 1 and the intake?

(Difference between stage 1 and 2 being the aftermarket down pipe.)

I am in favor of a protune anyway, but was under the impression they had OS tunes that incorporated their SF intake.