LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

Picked up a twin scroll DP flange and JDM LGT turbo ECU for the lady's OBXT. We decided on doing a proper EJ20X swap with dual AVCS. Best part is, she's agreed to take on it as a learning experience and do the work herself. I said I'd sit back and drink beers and provide input, the longer she takes the worse the advice gets. Turns out, our mutual affliction is contagious. Edited by awfulwaffle

Any reason you didn't go with one of the inline ones, other than having a spot on the factory rails? Close coupled damper looks nice, curious how much better it performs. I have the inline one on my fuel send line and still get some AF corrections flare and light stumble around 2500 RPM.

Couple of reasons factored into doing it this way.

I'm not sure what condition the stock dampers are in and whether or not they are doing their jobs. With a AEM 50-1000 pump and DW 740s I know I've changed some of the dynamics around fuel delivery. The stock dampers have a screw that looks like you can adjust them, but I don't really have a way (or the time) to test different depth of adjustment (much less know whether or not it stayed there). Stock damper replacement cost is almost the same as the Radium damper, so why not try one that is more likely to be able to handle my changed fuel system.

Plus, I like the idea of the dampers on the fuel rails being as close as I can to the injectors. I tried re-adding the stock inline dampers after I went to a STi FPR, but they didn't seem to have much impact.

And to cap it off, I hadn't seen this tried yet; so why not try to add to the options knowledge base.

"Highly misplaced" :lol: Y'all are supposed to be the responsible ones.

Did you miss the part where we have 6 cars? And it's not even like a "we're content" 6 cars... it's a "we each want 2 more, and oh yeah we need to buy a new house to park all these" 6 cars.

I installed a mass damper onto the exhaust today to try to address some drone - I'm frankly surprised by how dramatic the results are. I discuss more in detail in my thread here. Here are the frequency logs I recorded using my phone.

Before:

attachment.php?attachmentid=286248&d=1596935828

attachment.php?attachmentid=286249&d=1596935828

After:

attachment.php?attachmentid=286250&d=1596935828

attachment.php?attachmentid=286251&d=1596935828

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread

well my 5 speed took a dump...me thinks...

was going to get some dinner the other night and car wont even reverse or go in 1st either. car wont roll when in neutral. glittery and sparkly on the dip stick. no signs of leaks, no issues all week or any strange sounds. put in on jack stands today and will start removal in 2-3 weeks when i come back from san diego. darn..

not in a rush to fix it but waiting on a member here in AZ for the complete 6 speed swap hopefully.

maybe time to do major part out...decisions decisions

Follow me on IG @chefodiycarguy

and @chefo.soriano

biggest issue I have when working on cars now is my driveway isnt flat or cement, heavy dislike working on asphalt in the sunniest of all days (which seems to be every time I want to work on my car)

I just noticed I have this power chord looking thing dangling from the rearview mirror, and no where on the mirror to plug it in to. Was this from the factory? Or did the previous owner of my car likely have a dashcam, and ran the power to it up through there?

IMG_1556.thumb.jpg.6523ded435376edb55d2f7016e00ea7c.jpg

I installed a mass damper onto the exhaust today to try to address some drone - I'm frankly surprised by how dramatic the results are. I discuss more in detail in my thread here. Here are the frequency logs I recorded using my phone.

That's pretty remarkable. Makes me curious about something, and since you're already set up w/ a mic and stuff maybe I can make a request. Would you mind generating an impulse tone in the center of the cabin and measuring the response? That should allow you to see the resonant frequency of the wagon interior. Really wonder if it's around the 25 Hz peak that you eliminated with the damper, given the difference in cabin experience/noise you noted.

I just noticed I have this power chord looking thing dangling from the rearview mirror, and no where on the mirror to plug it in to. Was this from the factory? Or did the previous owner of my car likely have a dashcam, and ran the power to it up through there?

Dash cam or radar detector. Not oem.

That looks like an auto dim mirror to me. There's a little plug under the front edge of the headliner. It was an option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is an auto dim mirror, but it has all it's stuff plugged in. I'll assume it's just something for a dashcam or radar detector like DaveWaters said. If I ever need to remove the headliner I'll investigate further.

IMG_1555.thumb.jpg.0b3d95b8dd32f69c62433a190ab41870.jpg

That's pretty remarkable. Makes me curious about something, and since you're already set up w/ a mic and stuff maybe I can make a request. Would you mind generating an impulse tone in the center of the cabin and measuring the response? That should allow you to see the resonant frequency of the wagon interior. Really wonder if it's around the 25 Hz peak that you eliminated with the damper, given the difference in cabin experience/noise you noted.
Awful, I tried to do this a few times but none of my results were repeatable. I don't think my equipment (phone, laptop, Bluetooth speaker) are sensitive or accurate enough to do this meaningfully. Also, I'm not able to control the environment enough as I don't have a garage and I'm just a few hundred feet from a parkway.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread

Did something fun today for the wagon. Still wish I could get my hands on an EDM dash.

2.1.thumb.jpg.7319f90ae0afa11df19f541f07f48bfd.jpg

Swapped in the lower dash from the Spec B and gave everything a decent cleaning/vacuuming while I was at it. I bought a new center console top so I no longer have a scratched to hell one and also made sure to keep the center console cubby from mine since it has slightly more room because there is no AUX input in there with the cig lighter.

Found out that there was actually a cabin air filter in the car when I had everything apart and it had all kinds of dirt and dried leaves in there. Gave it a couple wacks against a wall and vacuumed out what I could and threw it back it. Was disappointed to find out that even though the glove box from the '08 has the nice little service door you can pop out you still cannot take the air filter holder out entirely without removing the glove box.

Also lubricated the TurboSmart BOV as I was occasionally getting FKL on throttle lift off when in higher boost. Seems to have done the trick but going to keep monitoring that. All in all a good weekend for car projects as I spent about 8 hours on Saturday completing some projects on the wife's wagon.

1.thumb.jpg.56bc1a9b8cf0f46186559b34028b06ca.jpg

Edited by DoctorDaveLGT

I am still in the recovery mode from moving to a new house so nothing really going with the car. My old garage content is dumped on the floor in boxes in one garage space. But at least I started reading this forum again.

What kind of steering wheel is that? Looks like 2014-2017 WRX but I am confused bi STI logo on the airbag cover.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K