LegacyGT.com

Mystery Aux In Cable on a 2005

ryguy32789

When I bought the car the previous owner left a bunch of XM cables and mounts coming out of the cubby. One is a regular Aux In cable. It goes to an RCA filter that then goes into a hole in the back of the radio, where I assume it has been soldered to something inside the radio. For the life of me I can't figure out how to access this aux in. Anybody have a similar setup who can help me get audio through this?

Image: https://photos.app.goo.gl/6BwzbhJNBeZTTUwf9

It should play the input signal over anything else playing, as long as the preamp and amp are active. To check, turn on a random CD or the radio, and try playing music via the aux in. If you hear your music mixed with whatever else is playing, your setup works as described. Just burn a silent track to a CD and pop it into the CD player, and play that CD whenever you want to use the aux jack.

Thanks for your help - it is in fact playing on all inputs, just really, REALLY quiet. I'll burn the silent CD you mentioned (if I can get my hands on a CD burner, haha.) Any idea on how I might be able to boost the volume of the line in?