LegacyGT.com

Tehnation's Ballin on a budget rebuild!

We lost power at 4:49PM on Tuesday, that's when my Generac generator sent me the email telling me its running. We got power back very early Friday morning at 12:22 AM.

I have a buddy 4 miles east of me that is still without power. He had his generator hooked up Tuesday afternoon.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

They cut power on Friday night to fix all the down lines in the area, there were like 3 or 4, didn't come back until last night. I have a little tailgate generator, but its enough to run my 2 freezers, fridge, computer with monitor and speakers, modem, router, a lamp, and a fan. Been meaning to get one at harbor freight, the predator 9000 watt, but I always stop caring after power comes back.

They cut power on Friday night to fix all the down lines in the area, there were like 3 or 4, didn't come back until last night. I have a little tailgate generator, but its enough to run my 2 freezers, fridge, computer with monitor and speakers, modem, router, a lamp, and a fan. Been meaning to get one at harbor freight, the predator 9000 watt, but I always stop caring after power comes back.

Make sure you plan ahead for big storms and have plenty of gas in 5 gallon cans ready

Have you noticed the car lines at the stations that are open ?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

The stations without power were closed, so the ones that did have power ran out of 87 octane and had lines for the gas they did have. It's a normal thing when we lose power.

I don't understand why the state doesn't require all gas stations to have generators.

Seems like a no brainer, to me.

Cause they cost money! Especially for a silent one that can put out that kind of wattage! Your talking like a 20k+ investment, for something used MAYBE several days a year.... it would be good for us but bad for them. I don't think it would be fair to force such a burden onto a business owner.

Back about 2012 after the big storms, there was talk locally about tax credits from the state. It would have also created jobs.

;)

true! maybe lol!

I just took the car around the block.... runs like shit, keeps cutting out and stalling..... I need to bring it to the tuner.

Clutch feels awesome, the spec stage3+ is a great clutch. Feels really nice.

What do you guys think, could it be the tune? I don't think its anything in the block, feels like fueling, either not getting enough or to much. Car can't idle either. Time to call tuner!

does the accessport do all that? I'm tired of lugging around this old piece of crap laptop... still has windows xp on it, I think I'm done with the tactrix/laptop/opensource route. Contacting my parts guy to see how quickly I can get an ap.

And this god damn laptop went off when I went to start the car after setting up all my parameters to log, and the battery died.... 2 amps , the laptop , just burning power.... car won't idle, nor do I want to as the motor isn't even broken in... can't break in the motor if I can't drive it... sigh.... the saga continues... Gotta wait for this new laptop battery, the power is going to clip everytime I try to start, and restart the laptop but I won't be able to idle the car long enough for it to boot.:spin::mad:

Are you running the stock map for your car?

What fueling, intake, turbo and exhaust modifications are you running?

If they aren't oem and you aren't tuned for them then that is why your car idles poorly and won't drive well.

List them all again and I might be able to help out and send a basemap for you to drive with.

I got a base map for break in from tuner based on my mods from tuningalliance, then I learned that they moved and are hella far from me so I had to look for another, so I reached out to EFI Logics, they actually just got back to me, they are 50 miles and about an hr away, so that's a no brainer, they did subacabra. Waiting to see what they say, they are in Connecticut and there was a storm so they had no power, internet, phone for a week, so they are playing catch up, which is why I couldn't get a hold of them.

My mods lol! All that is documented in this post! Where ya been :lol::)

Manley heavy duty forged pistons and turbo tuff h rods rods, briancrower stage 3 cams, 1000cc dw bosch injectors with top feed conversion from newer lgt, tgv delete with 8mm spacers, aem fuel pump can handle e85 or pumpgas, bnr billet 20g turbo, grimmspeed intake and intercooler, full 3" exhaust, map el headers, cobb 3 port boost solenoid.

This is racecar vroom vroom. Trying to break 400awhp

I got a base map for break in from tuner based on my mods from tuningalliance, then I learned that they moved and are hella far from me so I had to look for another, so I reached out to EFI Logics, they actually just got back to me, they are 50 miles and about an hr away, so that's a no brainer, they did subacabra. Waiting to see what they say, they are in Connecticut and there was a storm so they had no power, internet, phone for a week, so they are playing catch up, which is why I couldn't get a hold of them.

My mods lol! All that is documented in this post! Where ya been [emoji38]:)

Manley heavy duty forged pistons and turbo tuff h rods rods, briancrower stage 3 cams, 1000cc dw bosch injectors with top feed conversion from newer lgt, tgv delete with 8mm spacers, aem fuel pump can handle e85 or pumpgas, bnr billet 20g turbo, grimmspeed intake and intercooler, full 3" exhaust, map el headers, cobb 3 port boost solenoid.

This is racecar vroom vroom. Trying to break 400awhp

I didn't want to search for them, lol.

If you're already on a basemap from a tuner that was setup for those mods then you're have some form of issue that shouldn't be tune related. The only thing on the tune that may be causing issues is the data used for your injectors (scalar, latency, low pulse width, etc) or the maf scale isn't set up for the grimmspeed intake. If your tuner really had all of your info then the basemap should be alright.

I'd search for vacuum leaks and verify your timing, spark plugs, coil packs, wiring to coilpacks, etc.

You did flash the base map to your car, correct?

yep. I don't think its a leak.

New Tuner said my cams may be to big and are not pulling enough vacuum. I think its the base map.

I went over everything with a fine tooth comb, most hoses are new. It would need to be a big leak for these kind of symptoms. What EFI says makes a lot of sense.

Here is a quick log of me starting and letting it idle until it stalls.

[ATTACH]286443[/ATTACH]

You're running super lean and the car is adding a ton a fuel to hit target fueling. This could be 1 of 3 things like I said before.

1. You have a leak.

2. Your injector data in the tune is wrong.

3. Your MAF scaling in the tune is wrong.

I know you said you bought 1000cc injectors. Can you give a link to the injectors you bought? Injectors aren't created equal and it really affects the fueling. For example, decapped stock injectors flow a lot but are terrible to tune.

The tried and true injectors always come with detailed data to make it easy to tune, like the ID1050X or Cobb injectors. They come with scalar, latency and low pulse width values.