LegacyGT.com

2020 Legacy Fuel Pump problems

My 2020 Legacy just had the fuel pump failure that was in the 2019 cars. My friend and I was out and we stop at Five Guys burgers and when we came out the car started real ruff and died. The car would not start at all. Had star link tow the car to the dealer and now it set's there waiting for a full pump. The dealer told me the fuel pump will not be in tell August 10. WOW.

The car only has 8k miles on it.

If your car starts to run rough have the fuel pump check are you will be stuck.

Please advise how to recognize whether my car also falls under this recall. Thank you.

It's Legacy 2020 (non turbo).

dood you can google "subaru fuel pump recall" in less words than it took to make this post. results show years, the starting digits of the affected pumps, and hell you can even google "subaru recall" and enter your vin and see if you are affected.

there is a known class action lawsuit against this and a recall

what is the manufacture date of your legacy?

In my post I related to the recall and know about it. I received my 2020 Legacy in Oct 27 2019. I was only posting here so everyone else knows about the recall and the problem with the fuel pumps. This is a problem with the Outback too.

Happy driving.

PS the dealer is talking care of me so far. Gave me a rental car in tell the car is fixed and returned to me.

• 3 weeks later...
Still nothing showing out there when I enter my VIN that was made in November of 2019. https://www.subaru.com/vehicle-recalls.html/

Googling only comes up with recalls for 2019 models. Maybe this is one of those "hidden recalls."

It is because on the subaru website and starlink it shows no recalls for my car.

I have attached the invoice.

2020recall.thumb.jpg.c3182107150494a9c4ea115fb34deec0.jpg

Edited by rockier

So thinking the recall is for 2019 MY but the service department has leaway to point to it for chargeback?

That seems reasonable. My wife got her 2020 Outback Onyx XT at end of December. There is no recall for that vehicle. And i haven’t seen anything listed other than for 2019 vehicles. But they may have used the same fuel pump in some early 2020s. Anyway there are no official recalls for any 2020 models as yet.