LegacyGT.com

How to load pictures and files to the Site's server

SBT

If you are on a Mac, they must have command line utilities to convert files on the fly no? I don't own a Mac but use Linux a lot. It's a bit similar I think.

If you install something, sure.

Nothing native to the OS (and honestly it's the native OS convertor in preview that's the problem).

I just haven't found which one I want to use.

Simply renaming them from .jpeg (Apple default) to .jpg, then resizing them is all it takes.

The code here could be changed to accept .jpeg files and the issue would go away.

Rename by save as, or right-click, rename. Resize in preview, but note that changes the original file. Make a copy if you don’t want to shrink the original.

I wrote an automation that resizes to 800px wide, and saves out as a .jpg. That lets me right-click a file (or group) and adjust them all.

• 3 months later...
Anyone have a 1st grade math level explanation for posting pictures. I read the sticky and I’ve tried for nearly an hour. The images either fail to upload or I get a security token message. I’m using an iPhone and the safari browser. I even tried using a website to covert my phones photo gallery JPEGs to “normal” JPEGs because I read here that the apple location data can screw with things. Used freeconvert.com. The pics are below the maximum size limits. Still not having any luck. I haven’t posted pics in years but I don’t remember it being this difficult.

Anyone have a 1st grade math level explanation for posting pictures. I read the sticky and I’ve tried for nearly an hour. The images either fail to upload or I get a security token message. I’m using an iPhone and the safari browser. I even tried using a website to covert my phones photo gallery JPEGs to “normal” JPEGs because I read here that the apple location data can screw with things. Used freeconvert.com. The pics are below the maximum size limits. Still not having any luck. I haven’t posted pics in years but I don’t remember it being this difficult.

I've learned there are basically three steps.

1. I use https://heictojpg.com to convert the iOS HEIC format to jpg

2. Reduce size by 50%

3. Ensure the file extension is .jpg (.jpeg will not work)

You may just need to change the extension if it is .jpeg right now.

Let us know if that helps or not.

I've learned there are basically three steps.

1. I use https://heictojpg.com to convert the iOS HEIC format to jpg

2. Reduce size by 50%

3. Ensure the file extension is .jpg (.jpeg will not work)

You may just need to change the extension if it is .jpeg right now.

Let us know if that helps or not.

Thanks! I think resizing might have been the trick. The file sizes were below the limits but after I simply resized by 50% they loaded. Appreciate the help!

• 1 month later...

May as well post it up here as well.

Was having some drama uploading an image to my introductory post, a 4000x3000, 3.8MB jpg of my car. Ironically, I can upload a screenshot but not any of the pictures taken with my Samsung. I have tried rinsing the images through IrfanView and MS paint and stripped all metadata but no dice, this is all I get. I have cleared cache, deleted cookies, reversed my underwear b̶u̶t̶ ̶I̶ ̶a̶m̶ ̶y̶e̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶r̶y̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶a̶n̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶b̶r̶o̶w̶s̶e̶r̶,̶ ̶I̶'̶l̶l̶ ̶s̶e̶t̶ ̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶u̶p̶ ̶a̶ ̶l̶i̶t̶t̶l̶e̶ ̶l̶a̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶r̶y̶ ̶I̶ ̶s̶u̶p̶p̶o̶s̶e̶.̶ ̶R̶u̶n̶n̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶O̶p̶e̶r̶a̶ ̶7̶9̶ and tried another browser with no change.

Anyone seen this before?

[edit, I have now discovered I can upload any image up to 4000x3000, it is literally only images that have been created from both my old and new Samsung phones, despite stripping metadata]

error.JPG.d002c2e21af64cbc7602a95597638842.JPG

Edited by ATSystems
Additional info