LegacyGT.com

2018 3.6R Straight Pipes review

I like this channel/Jakub takes the perspective of the car enthusiast, while Yuri represents the interests of the general consumer.

they drive and review the 3.6R, and most of what they discuss feels familiar to me in my 2.5.

I do think the handling is a bit better than they describe, but that is after upgrading the rear sway bar. It is comfortable, a bit slow, and kind of boring.

I like this channel/Jakub takes the perspective of the car enthusiast, while Yuri represents the interests of the general consumer.

they drive and review the 3.6R, and most of what they discuss feels familiar to me in my 2.5.

I do think the handling is a bit better than they describe, but that is after upgrading the rear sway bar. It is comfortable, a bit slow, and kind of boring.

I've watched a lot of car reviews, and it's not uncommon to get varying opinions on the same car. So I'm kinda glad that back in 2016 I didn't see the "Straight Pipes video" mentioned above, because if I did, I probably would not have bought my vehicle ;) .... back then I gained more confidence from the following video .... (and have not regretted my decision)

It was a well done review, they still hate the cvt but imo the Subaru cvt has been nothing but reliable. That for me got long ways. Sure the car is not gonna be a head turner, but we don’t buy Subaru’s to turn heads, it’s the utility that comes with it. Just an all around reliable awd car.

I share the same sentiments about the infotainment System being laggy, but I barely touch it, I use CarPlay and it runs just fine.

Most luxury cars don’t even have Apple car play or android auto and you are paying 2x the price.

Lastly 87 octane on a 6 is pretty good, can’t beat that value. They could technically push the 6 to close to 300hp but then they would have reliability concern. Subaru doesn’t take that many risks because they want the car to be safe and last a while.

It was a well done review, they still hate the cvt but imo the Subaru cvt has been nothing but reliable. That for me got long ways. Sure the car is not gonna be a head turner, but we don’t buy Subaru’s to turn heads, it’s the utility that comes with it. Just an all around reliable awd car.

I came across another 2018 Legacy (Liberty over here) review. This one is by our resident clown. He is reasonably sane during the actual Subaru review itself, but after that ends at the 10:30 minute mark he returns to "idiot mode" and I'd suggest you turn it off. He is an actual engineer and and the guy knows his stuff ....... except for when he "tries to be amusing."

Personally I like the CNET and KBB reviews (https://www.kbb.com/subaru/legacy/2018/).

Too many 2018 Legacy reviews make ridiculous mistakes, i.e., the stereo is tinny or the steering is unresponsive. Others are biased because of the use of a CVT.

In my own view, the car is responsive, comfortable, ergonomically sound and has good handling. The "drawbacks," are only adequate acceleration and a light (but not numb) steering feel- the latter subjective. Also, there is a small hit on fuel economy because of AWD. However, I believe the Legacy is easily the safest sedan on the road- and AWD is a big reason why

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Archived