LegacyGT.com

Very faint thoughts of sale.....

So for the last couple weeks I have been very, very casually thinking about possibly selling the car. I have no major reason but since I got the motorcycle, I realized that I'll likely be driving it most frequently when the weather is good with the car serving as transport in less-pleasant conditions. Part of me is just disliking the idea of all that money tied up in a car that is only used for crappy weather or family trips where spirited driving is not encouraged.

You'll note that I say very, very casually because I love the car and have obviously put a lot of time and money into making it what it is. However, with the bike factored into the driving dynamic, my pragmatic side is pushing for a more practical purposing of funds.

I have had a few members on the forum here express interest if I ever were to sell so I may be in touch with them to see how serious they are. If no one seems interested as it currently sits, I may also begin the process of bringing it back to a more stock form, thus flooding the classifieds on here with various goodies.

Thoughts, comments, or potential interest in the car are all encouraged ;)

I've had this same faint feeling but in my case it's because I only drive the car on nice days when there's no traffic. There's just too much of my heart and soul into it and it's really "my car" not a Subaru so I'm going to keep it for now. Hence it sits in the garage looking good and serving no practical purpose. :lol:

I've had this same faint feeling but in my case it's because I only drive the car on nice days when there's no traffic. There's just too much of my heart and soul into it and it's really "my car" not a Subaru so I'm going to keep it for now. Hence it sits in the garage looking good and serving no practical purpose. :lol:

I get that side of it too. I think it makes me feel worse because in my case, I'm relegating an awesome car to use almost exclusively in craptacular weather.

What part of Wisconsin do you live in? I'm likely not super far from you. I couldn't afford the car, but I'd love to at least see it and experience a ride in a stage 3 GT at some point before you sell it. Would be a neat experience to me.

What part of Wisconsin do you live in? I'm likely not super far from you. I couldn't afford the car, but I'd love to at least see it and experience a ride in a stage 3 GT at some point before you sell it. Would be a neat experience to me.

I live about 30 minutes west of Milwaukee and I work in Wauwatosa so if you're up in that area, let's chat and I'd be glad to give you a ride :)

I live about 30 minutes west of Milwaukee and I work in Wauwatosa so if you're up in that area, let's chat and I'd be glad to give you a ride :)

I live about 30 minutes west of Chicago, and I used to date a girl that lived in the West Bend/Slinger/Kewaskum area, so I'm not at all unfamiliar with the drive. If you don't part with it before nicer weather, I'd be fully down for that!

Don't do it! At least in part because I'm probably going to install my downpipe whenever the engine comes out for a new clutch, and if the engine is out, I may as well do GRB exhaust cams, which means I'll need an upgraded turbo to combat overboost. I may be able to resist the header and EWG and such, but I'm not so sure about the turbo...

Let me know if you guys decide to meet up at some point, I'd be willing to drive down and provide a stage 1 OTS data point for comparison.

All joking aside tho, I hear what you're saying, it just sucks that you don't get enough good weather to be able to enjoy both the bike and the GT. If you sold your car, what would the family mover be?

I know it. Maybe I should just move and put the issue to rest :lol:

Not exactly sure what I'd get to replace it. We use my wife's Forester most frequently for family trips because of the extra space and the fact that she doesn't care for the added noise of the GT. I still need to noodle that one a little more ;)

See, I have the opposite thoughts. I have another turboed dd. Automatic. I drive that at least 4/7 days here and that's even if we decide to go out on the weekends. And even then we may Tammy her car because otherwise I'd be dealing with clearance issues and other things similar.

But payments are low along with insurance and I adore driving the legacy with no traffic and having something nice to show out the wife in. Keeping it.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

My bro lives in Wauwatosa.

I get this faint thought every now and then too, and can't get it out of my head for several days or weeks. But then the Fozz goes out of commission for a few days and the reunion with the GT is sublime. What was I thinking!!???!!! I will never sell her!

My bro lives in Wauwatosa.

I get this faint thought every now and then too, and can't get it out of my head for several days or weeks. But then the Fozz goes out of commission for a few days and the reunion with the GT is sublime. What was I thinking!!???!!! I will never sell her!

I recall you mentioning that awhile back. I think you were going to be coming to visit him but then had a change of plans, IIRC?

Well, if he has been living in a state of jealousy and envy over your GT, let him know there might be a solution just a few miles away :icon_chee

I recall you mentioning that awhile back. I think you were going to be coming to visit him but then had a change of plans, IIRC?

Well, if he has been living in a state of jealousy and envy over your GT, let him know there might be a solution just a few miles away :icon_chee

Yeah, we were going to come out to pick up our new puppy from Webster, WI last July. But the litter ended up being a little earlier than we hoped and we needed to get the puppy in the beginning of June, which wasn't going to work out with my step-daughter's HS graduation weekend and for the end of the school year because my wife is a teacher. We ended up having the breeder put our little Ruby on a plane.

Unfortunately my brother isn't into performance cars like I am, and is the sole breadwinner for his family of 5 children, so he really can't afford a toy.

I get the same feelings every now and again too. Since I moved to an apartment in the city I hardly ever drive mine anymore. I've thought about selling it but I literally just paid it off and the title is in the mail, so I'm not in a rush to get tied up with another car payment. That and like you guys said those thoughts always immediately leave my brain when I take it for a spin on those rare occasions, which kinda makes it that more more exciting when I actually do drive it.

If it's still around at that time, I'm down. However, I have done some thinking and I'm realizing I am more committed to selling after consideration. I have an ad here in the classifieds so we'll see what comes of it.

If anyone here is interested in a clean, straight, snappy-ass Panda, let me know ;)

You are breaking my heart Jackal. After a seven million page thread and working through all those troubles you had it is going to be hard to see it go. I understand, but am sad none the less.

I know it. We've had quite the run, the Panda and I (and consequently, all of you fine folks ;)) so my emotions are very mixed but the practical side of me is currently in control. But like I said, if it doesn't sell, I'll take the hint that we aren't meant to separate just yet.

I have thought about selling my LGT too.. Actually, I've thought about selling all my cars, the LGT, GTI, and Genesis coupe, and replace them with an SUV or a van to haul the family. But then I remember how rare the LGT is, how fun it could be yet not looking like a boy racer, shatter that thought. Maybe I'll just get rid of the other two instead.... lol

Archived