LegacyGT.com

HELP!! Going down for the 3rd time w/ ECUflash.

blackturboblack

I have the Tatrix 2.0 cable and RomRaider installed and I can log without a problem; pulls and all. I can even read hex files I d/l for a stg 1 flash.

Now here's the problem: ECUflash WILL NOT accept the updated defs. When I extract to metadata folder, it overwrites but when I go to read ECU, it's still the old defs.

I've tried everything, manually loading defs, uninstall-reinstall, different laptops, different desktops. I just can't get these new defs to load for some reason.

If anybody, ANYBODY has ECUflash with the new defs loaded, please PM me a copy. It's all I can think of before I have to actually take the car to a tuning shop.

Thanks. BTW, it's a 2008 LGT w/Si-drive.

Try PMing members PhillyWilly and/or Rdigga, they both encountered that same issue when trying to run the new defs. I never got the fix, on my older laptop (running Vista) I couldn't figure it out. My newer laptop (Running Vista as well) had no problem at all with any defs.

Check your folder for where the defs are located and make sure the software is looking in the right place for the updated defs. Check File > Options. What version of ECUflash are you using?

-Franz

The latest version available. Why wouldn't it be looking in the same place the old folder was?

Try PMing members PhillyWilly and/or Rdigga, they both encountered that same issue when trying to run the new defs. I never got the fix, on my older laptop (running Vista) I couldn't figure it out. My newer laptop (Running Vista as well) had no problem at all with any defs.

Thanks. Trying like hell to get one of your tunes. Parts are showing up daily. I'm pissed. Damn near ready to just get the cobb.

When you look in that folder, do you see a button on the toolbar that says "compatibility files"? If so, click the button, copy the file to your desktop, then copy it back. Vista's trying to protect the "Program Files" directory structure...

Otherwise, are you running RR as administrator (not just from an admin account, but "Run as Administrator"?

That's all I've got to offer...

When you look in that folder, do you see a button on the toolbar that says "compatibility files"? If so, click the button, copy the file to your desktop, then copy it back. Vista's trying to protect the "Program Files" directory structure...

Otherwise, are you running RR as administrator (not just from an admin account, but "Run as Administrator"?

That's all I've got to offer...

Thanks. I've tried all that. Even different lappys with XP. My cobb is on the way. Anybody wanna buy a tatrix 2.0? Barely used.

Archived