LegacyGT.com

Smoke from intake

Just had the valves adjusted on my car (2005 Lgt) For the first time in years its running really well.

However, last night I noticed some smoke coming out the intake (the piece in front of the air filter) after turning the car off. Also a few drops of coolant on the garage floor passenger side of the car. Car is not overheating.

Is this likely to be coming from inside the engine or burning on the outside somewhere?

The passenger side is where cylinders 1 and 3 are, the drivers side is where 2 and 4 are.

I wonder if the top of the radiator is cracked ? The tank is plastic and these have been known to crack after the car is worked on. If someone leaned on the tank... but there's no way to prove that.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Check for any pinhole leaks, it could then spray on a manifold. I had that situation last year and it took me forever find it in the upper rad hose. To do it to have the holes appear like that it pretty much has to be hot enough to get the thermostat to open.
08 Spec B, insta: @08_spec_b, 10 SH Forester insta: @shfozzy

Have you taken off the snorkel to inspect the coolant hoses underneath? The drain petcock is on that side as well.

I took off the snorkel and looked at the hoses. Couldn't see anything that would cause a leak but there is definitely coolant leaked around there.

What is a drain petcock?

Case closed! Nice job, I just had to replace my radiator myself. There's a TYC one on Amazon for $80 after tax prime shipping with great reviews. Says it doesn't fit our cars but it's the same part number that rockauto says is a direct replacement, and mine fit fine.

TYC 2778 Subaru 1-Row Plastic Aluminum Replacement Radiator https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000IYR5LK/

Archived