LegacyGT.com

What did you buy for your 5th gen today? - V3

Nothing exciting. Had $200 Subaru bucks expiring today so I bought a bunch of stuff from Annapolis Subaru for my parts hoard: clutch damper delete part, replacement turbo coolant lines, wiper blades, air filters, PCV valve, oil pressure sending unit, etc.

• 3 weeks later...
Just snatched up a new WRX short throw shifter for $212 with the 15% off. There is still a used one for about $150 ($127 after coupon). Has some rust on the shaft though. That's why I opted to pay a little more for the new one. It could be cleaned up though.

Ebay is running a 15% off sale today.

https://pages.ebay.com/promo/2019/0312/5m50cswvgo1wgph2.html?_trkparms=%26clkid%3D1665868352401611898

Then you can all post what you bought, to keep with the theme of the thread. ;)

Thank you for this. Just picked up the Whiteline KCA313 Roll Center Kit and the SuperPro SPF3091K Front LCA bushings. Between this coupon and finding a great deal on the KCA313, I picked up both items together for less than the MSRP of the KCA313.

Thank you for this. Just picked up the Whiteline KCA313 Roll Center Kit and the SuperPro SPF3091K Front LCA bushings. Between this coupon and finding a great deal on the KCA313, I picked up both items together for less than the MSRP of the KCA313.
Too bad you didn't pickup my brand new KCA313 sitting in the classifieds for months now.... willing to let it go for 80% MSRP. Return and help me out?

Too bad you didn't pickup my brand new KCA313 sitting in the classifieds for months now.... willing to let it go for 80% MSRP. Return and help me out?

Completely forgot about that. PMing you, just placed the order a short bit ago, might be able to work something out.

Ordered a set of clear side markers from Klearz and a new primed rear bumper cover from Amazon for $99 free shipping with prime. Not too shabby. Also, ordered SPF4863K SuperPro Front LCA Bushings, which should complete everything I need for my suspension refresh project. Now just gotta get it all on! Edited by Humble Rumble

Ordered a set of clear side markers from Klearz and a new primed rear bumper cover from Amazon for $99 free shipping with prime. Not too shabby. Also, ordered SPF4863K SuperPro Front LCA Bushings, which should complete everything I need for my suspension refresh project. Now just gotta get it all on!

I am still patiently waiting for tim to ship you a set of raptors.

I am still patiently waiting for tim to ship you a set of raptors.

-sigh- yet again I sit undecided on what to do and waffling my about my exhaust. The Inferno headers+ tantalized me, and I've got to get this suspension project done sooner than later. But hopefully money flow this year should be better.

I bought 2 new exhaust donut gaskets (one 3", one 2.5") to fix the exhaust leak i've been too lazy to fix all winter, 5 quarts of castrol edge 5w-30, and a 15208AA2A Subaru oil filter. im thinking about switching to the 15A if not only to use the entire jug rather than having a pretty useless amount left over.

Seems pretty straightforward from what I have seen on here. That being said, something will happen to make the install last all day, always does. :)

The clips that hold the cables to the housing are the hardest part. The Legacy STS shifter assembly instructions omits this step ( I am not sure about the WRX). In the walkthrough section of this website, there is a good post on the installation of the STS.

I couldn't take missing out on the Eibach clearance price (or the springs themselves), so I placed an order today. At least when I eventually do the Koni struts these will be waiting. FYI, I found a code for free shipping if anyone else is looking to pick up a set.

I couldn't take missing out on the Eibach clearance price (or the springs themselves), so I placed an order today. At least when I eventually do the Koni struts these will be waiting. FYI, I found a code for free shipping if anyone else is looking to pick up a set.

So these give a 1" drop, correct? Anyone have a feel for how much stiffer these are than say the 2013-2014 springs? I'm thinking about picking these up, but i am leery of the drop (with the way the front bumper is, it's already pretty close to the typical concrete things at the end of parking spots - losing an inch seems like it would mean contacting them... I could say I'll always stop short enough, but I know that won't be true...

I think realistically it is a bit more than an inch, more like 1.5 ish drop. I added a 1 inch spacer and it still dropped down noticeably. The first bit of compression seems a bit stiffer than stock, but they firm up really quick to way over stock. I would say the firm end of the progressive is about where the 13+ seem to fall if I recall some of the reviews correctly.

I love them for their feel, and if you already have other suspension upgrades, swaybars and links then these will complement them nicely. However, if you want a strictly firm suspension these probably aren't for you.

I think realistically it is a bit more than an inch, more like 1.5 ish drop. I added a 1 inch spacer and it still dropped down noticeably.

Your setup is one of the reasons I went ahead with these over 13-14 springs. I still have the option to drop it or stay fairly stock height with the spacers. Also they are progressive rate.