LegacyGT.com

Is the Nvidia downpipe worth it?

Worth it? Hard to say. From what I've observed in this forum, stage 2 (downpipe + tune) appears to have negligible gains over stage 1 (just a tune) in 5th gen LGTs, especially when compared to gains 4th gen LGTs had from stage 1 to stage 2. I suggest looking at all the dynamometer plots on here, and make a value assessment.

If you are seeking more consistent performance, yes. I would be concerned about long term increased boost levels and high EGTs the extra boost brings on the stock jpipe.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Worth it? Hard to say. From what I've observed in this forum, stage 2 (downpipe + tune) appears to have negligible gains over stage 1 (just a tune) in 5th gen LGTs, especially when compared to gains 4th gen LGTs had from stage 1 to stage 2. I suggest looking at all the dynamometer plots on here, and make a value assessment.

I have been looking at getting a downpipe and a tune for a while now. I have had two other modded Subarus previously, and the 5th gen LGT is a completely different setup from what I am used to.

From what I learned on this thread: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/5th-gen-gt-power-roadblocks-and-solutions-259192.html

A true "Stage 2" setup would include a downpipe, upgraded injectors and fuel pump to achieve maximum performance from the tune. You can squeeze quite a bit more horsepower from doing a stage 0 tune (again, according to the aforementioned thread). I don't have any experience with a stage 0 tune, but I am sure someone else can chime in here.

I am saving my pennies so I can do all three upgrades before I go get tuned.

I have been looking at getting a downpipe and a tune for a while now. I have had two other modded Subarus previously, and the 5th gen LGT is a completely different setup from what I am used to.

From what I learned on this thread: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/5th-gen-gt-power-roadblocks-and-solutions-259192.html

A true "Stage 2" setup would include a downpipe, upgraded injectors and fuel pump to achieve maximum performance from the tune. You can squeeze quite a bit more horsepower from doing a stage 0 tune (again, according to the aforementioned thread). I don't have any experience with a stage 0 tune, but I am sure someone else can chime in here.

I am saving my pennies so I can do all three upgrades before I go get tuned.

Can't believe I forgot to provide that link - that post is probably the most valuable on this whole forum.

That being said, injectors are not needed at stage 2 on 91/93 octane fuel but would be needed on E85.

My '12 GT had the full turbo back Q300 system on it when I bought it with the straight downpipes, and I couldn't stand the drone so I put the catted dp on. The smell was terrible without the cat, and there was a terrible drone at interstate speed that went away with the cat.

• 1 year later...

Has anyone had issues installing or little modifications they had to do make to install the downpipe properly? Looking at one for my 2012 GT but all day they’re for automatic trans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone had issues installing or little modifications they had to do make to install the downpipe properly? Looking at one for my 2012 GT but all day they’re for automatic trans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is the one I installed on my car just a week or so ago. It fit perfect out of the box with no modifications required at all.

https://www.importimageracing.com/collections/downpipes-y-pipes/products/invidia-high-flow-cat-downpipe-subaru-legacy-gt-2010-2012

You can squeeze quite a bit more horsepower from doing a stage 0 tune (again, according to the aforementioned thread). I don't have any experience with a stage 0 tune, but I am sure someone else can chime in here.

ring a ding ding, just a tune can cause a huge power swing.

you get most of it in the form of brutal down low torque, but for 80 and below driving it is a huge improvement