LegacyGT.com

Fog Lights - Anyone try these ones?

Hey Folks,

Looking at replacing my LGT fog lights with something a bit different. These look kinda neat:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/180924253251?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2648

Ad says they will fit a 2009 LGT. Anyone ever use these? Do you think they will fit?

If not, any other fancy aftermarket fog light kits available for the LGT?

Thanks JC

Hey Folks,

Looking at replacing my LGT fog lights with something a bit different. These look kinda neat:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/180924253251?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2648

Ad says they will fit a 2009 LGT. Anyone ever use these? Do you think they will fit?

If not, any other fancy aftermarket fog light kits available for the LGT?

Thanks JC

I think they look like flowers....:rolleyes:

These look cool. Anyone ever use them in a Legacy?

Not likely in a 4th gen, since all LGTs have fog lights stock. These aftermarket fogs are probably the closest you're gonna find to the stock projector fogs in the 05-07 LGT.

Friends don't let friends drink cheap beer.

Another idea is halo fogs like these: [ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B009SEDATW/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1385438130&sr=8-1&pi=SY200]Universal 3" Round Heavy Duty Front Bumper White Halo Projector Fog Light Lamps Kit:Amazon:Automotive[/ame]
Friends don't let friends drink cheap beer.

• 3 years later...
Well guys, I replaced my fog light and now the other side just got smashed out. Ugh. Anyway, back to looking for a fog ligh kit for my 2008. Anyone have any fresh ideas? If not, I may just get the fog light delete covers.

Do they even have one that works for our cars cleanly? You could modify god trim to fit the universal ones, but it'd look funny due to the anges not matching.

They do have the WRX GR ones listed for the 2008 Legacy, but not for the 05 Legacy.

I've never measured the fogs, but I assume facelift is different than pre?

GR LED Fogs

I was thinking of picking up a pair eventually and modding them to fit. I'm sure it can be done, I replaced the stock projectors with Euro RX350 lights, i'm sure this could be done.

Hell, you could probably have someone in the 3d printing thread make a bracket.

Do they even have one that works for our cars cleanly? You could modify god trim to fit the universal ones, but it'd look funny due to the anges not matching.

I agree. If they don't have a kit specific to the 2008-2009 LGT then I probably won't bother as I don't want the hassle of having to make them fit. I've learned over the years it's much better if you can find a plug and play kit. My time is more precious than the extra $50 for a kit to make them fit clean. Also, our fog lights are much smaller (2.5-3" I'm guessing), compared to most other subaru fog lights.

I agree. If they don't have a kit specific to the 2008-2009 LGT then I probably won't bother as I don't want the hassle of having to make them fit. I've learned over the years it's much better if you can find a plug and play kit. My time is more precious than the extra $50 for a kit to make them fit clean. Also, our fog lights are much smaller (2.5-3" I'm guessing), compared to most other subaru fog lights.

Actually they do for you. The '08-'09 fog was used in later WRX's as well, so there was a pretty big market for yours. The "Subaru" kit is plug and play for you.

The pre '07 fogs are smaller though, I retrofitted a set with new lenses and high end bulbs. They are more like 1.75". Problem is they custom back caps stick back so far I'm afraid my meth injector pump won't fit.

There are some outfits that sell the "blazer" style fogs fit into replica housings. Unfortunately the optics are sub optimal, even compared to the stokers with clear lenses.

TRS could make something that worked, but the market is so small now it's probably not worth their time.

Yeah the TRS ones I linked would work.

The pre '07 fogs are smaller though, I retrofitted a set with new lenses and high end bulbs. They are more like 1.75".

That makes sense, thanks.

Actually they do for you. The '08-'09 fog was used in later WRX's as well, so there was a pretty big market for yours. The "Subaru" kit is plug and play for you.

The pre '07 fogs are smaller though, I retrofitted a set with new lenses and high end bulbs. They are more like 1.75". Problem is they custom back caps stick back so far I'm afraid my meth injector pump won't fit.

There are some outfits that sell the "blazer" style fogs fit into replica housings. Unfortunately the optics are sub optimal, even compared to the stokers with clear lenses.

TRS could make something that worked, but the market is so small now it's probably not worth their time.

That's awesome! Thanks for the info. I'm going to order a set then.

morimoto-xb LED fogs + yellow laminx

Is the yellow laminix required to keep them from getting smashed? I'm not a fan of the yellow and prefer the clear look. I would prefer to have a plastic lense as opposed to glass as well and these are listed as polycarbonate, which I believe is plastic like what's used in LED light bars, correct?

Any 05-07 options that are less... yellow?

I just looked, the "Type U Morimoto XB LED" will fit our cars if you fab a bracket. May design a 3d printable one if I cant get my current ones to fit.

Also HID's work really well in our fogs. I'd normally scream from the mountain tops not to put HID bulbs in halogen housings but this is one exception that's ok. The output is actually quite good and cutoff extremely clean, so as long as they are aimed well they don't generate glare.

Is the yellow laminix required to keep them from getting smashed? I'm not a fan of the yellow and prefer the clear look. I would prefer to have a plastic lense as opposed to glass as well and these are listed as polycarbonate, which I believe is plastic like what's used in LED light bars, correct?

No, they are about the same stuff your main head lights are made of so pretty tough. The yellow is only if you want the look. You can get clear covers that work as well if you live in an area with lots of rocks on the road and you're worried though

• 1 month later...
Installed the the Morimoto fog lights today. Looks great and was super easy to install. Fit was perfect. Anyway, hopefully no more smashed fog lights. Why Subaru used glass lenses in that location is beyond me!

Nice! Glad we could help. Can you post some pics? These are 5500k right or did you get the yellow version?

White version, which I'm assuming is the 5500k. I'll post some pics once my wife gets home with the car.

Archived