LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

Drove the wagon to VT and back today, first long drive for it since last ski season. About 300 miles round trip. Mpg read 25.6 on the dash when I got back home. drove 68-70mph most of the way. Wanted to drop off most of the ski stuff at the house.

The chassis has a little more road noise then in the past, but at 282,000 miles I can't complain to much.

Tomorrow I'll put the snowtires on.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Drove the wagon to Costco to get a Christmas tree.

Love the wagon for cargo capacity.

First longer interstate run since I swapped in the younger engine and the 4.44 rear.

77mph is about 3500 RPM, just cruises so smoothly.

But is also primed, it takes <1sec to get to full boost and go.

Just so much fun to drive.

I drove my wagon! Two oil changes, one at twenty minutes one at ~50 miles. Going to try to get through break in by end of next week but we'll see. Something will probably break.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad to hear you got her running and are driving it again.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Just got out and drove it for fun Saturday - perfect turbo weather. Dash beeped letting me know I was driving for 2 hours right when I got home. Those 2 hours alone remind me why I put so much time, effort and money into this awesome machine

Just got out and drove it for fun Saturday - perfect turbo weather. Dash beeped letting me know I was driving for 2 hours right when I got home. Those 2 hours alone remind me why I put so much time, effort and money into this awesome machine

It was a glorious day in western pa. Warm enough for the tires but cool enough for the turbo.

"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

Drove the wagon to Costco to get a Christmas tree.

Love the wagon for cargo capacity.

First longer interstate run since I swapped in the younger engine and the 4.44 rear.

77mph is about 3500 RPM, just cruises so smoothly.

But is also primed, it takes <1sec to get to full boost and go.

Just so much fun to drive.

Did you have your boys with you? Time to start teaching them how to drive a stick.

One of the neat tricks I showed them was how to start the engine in a rolling car using clutch.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

I used to purposely park my old/semi-reliable manual vehicles on a incline in case a bump start was needed!

Yep, did the same thing few times when I was in grad school and my old civic would misbehave sometimes.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Did you have your boys with you? Time to start teaching them how to drive a stick.

One of the neat tricks I showed them was how to start the engine in a rolling car using clutch.

My dad taught me how to clutch-less shift if my cousins WRX... by sticking his leg out of the window to prove it. :lol: my grandpa owned a quarry and he had to drive a dump truck with 24 gears and no clutch lever. So key off at stops and starter to get going and rev match from there. He hates manuals now... but is pretty good at em

Edited by Sparkey
05' LGT, ZFD Built 5MT, Stage 2 Cryotune 91/E85, 170,000mi running BRotella T6 and Ecoguard S4615 filters.

Started her up this morning at 15 degrees, and realized that this engine (90k from OBXT) is so quiet, even cold in the cold. My previous 202k engine wasn't "loud", but you could hear clacky/clicky when started cold. This one is missing those sounds. :-D

Just wanted to share this hear as we never like to have anyone miss out if they only visit this thread these days.

thanks for the continued support!

Dave

1331324804_BF2019w_cars.thumb.jpg.fa44f512dc3817a10be9d5a13552622b.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

That's a great looking specB too! ;)

On my 2rd revision with Cryotune and it's been great so far. Just need to send in my data logs, which will be tomorrow. Car's feeling better with every map.

Edited by BoozeRS05

I used to start my Honda all the time by rolling and dumping the clutch. I tried once in my LGT with a very dead battery and was quite disappointed to find out you need at least some juice in this car for a rolling start to work.

Ran into an issue where my boost was intermittent yesterday. Driving home from some shopping with the wife and in 2nd gear put my foot down and the car only built up to 9 psi. Shifted into 3rd and put my foot down again and hit 19 psi without issue. I think my bov (Turbosmart Kompact) was sticking because there was another point in the ride I let off the throttle to shift around 4 psi and I heard a noticeable turbo cough/surge. Also noticed my AFR learning crept up to ~8.0 when it's usually around ~3-4 and vacuum at idle was higher as well in the low -10 instead of the usual high -9. Didn't take a log since it happened 5 minutes out from the house.

Ordered a rebuild kit (just in case) and some cleaner/lubricant to do some bov maintenance before driving it some more and taking logs. Didn't want to pay for shipping so I also ordered some GoodRidge SS brake lines for my eventual upgrade.

Anyone replaced any of the rubber gaskets around the windows? I'm starting to get some wind noise creeping in, which makes sense on a 13 year old car. Which gaskets did you replace, was it successful in reducing your wind noise?

Not yet. Mine are 14 and 13 y/o. No wind noise yet, not that I could tell in the rumbly wagon, but the car wash sneaks in to help wash the inside of the rear winders on the wagoon...

Anyone replaced any of the rubber gaskets around the windows? I'm starting to get some wind noise creeping in, which makes sense on a 13 year old car. Which gaskets did you replace, was it successful in reducing your wind noise?

I replaced mine...granted it was from a junk yard car where the rubber looked in much better shape than mine. It is super easy. The front door and rear door rubber is all one piece, and is only covering the top half of the door frames. They are sedan/ wagon specific. No need to remove the piano black trim between the front and rear doors, the rubber pulls out of it. It is about a 5 minute job (no joke) per side

I never had wind noise on my 05 so my replacement was preventative. That being said I am getting wind noise where the mirror meets the rubber gasket of the door frame on my 96 outback. 100% sure it's worn down rubber, just not worth it to replace on that car.

$75 per side brand new - part break down here

For the 05 *wagon part numbers* - left - 63521AG01A

right - 63521AG00A

Edited by jaylew

Wagon is LIFE! - 265,000 miles and climbing

Unofficial Build (Restoration) Thread

Steering Rack Rebuild