LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your Outback today? V3

Thread is a bit sleepy huh....

I did some work on a driveshaft over the weekend. Will finish it hopefully this evening.

See thread here.

attachment.php?attachmentid=276411&d=1560018431

I finished rebuilding my driveshaft a week ago or so and thought the vibration I was feeling would be gone. eeeeee nope. It was still there: gear shifter wobbling right around 20 mph. Looked like it was speed dependent, not rpm dependent. Last night I decided to swap my oem axle with a cheap one I had laying around, and BAM, vibration is gone.

Inner cup/rollers had some lateral play (perpendicular to the shaft). First time I see this. But happy the problem is finally solved.

See last posts here

Well, after almost 10 years of ownership, I will finally do a slight upgrade to my lil vf40. Just spent some $$ for a used but in great shape VF52 'JMPed' :spin:. It's not a DOM, but still something!

I'll probably put this one in the family car and eventually a DOM in the DD :hide:

I need to get ahold of JMP. Want to get the OEM VF40 rebuilt swap it for the 16G. Have him rebuild that as well once it's off, nothing special since it's the VF40 compressor housing version, not the BNR casting.

The transmission will need work before I can push the 16G limits anyway.

As for birthdays I know a slew of people that were born this week. Co workers, friends it's kinda weird how many are clustered in this last week of June.

Yeah I better... Should have taken advantage of HexMod as well but waited too long before Dave closed shop.

Steering Dampener lockout installed. Need to update Perrin it fits. 2006 OBXT was not on the fitment list. Need to test more. Initial drive to test was good but I'm not claiming victory yet without more drive time. Steering is for sure direct and present, no slop at all in feel.

Got lucky today. Went to the junkyard and found an 05 lgt sedan. Engine was pulled and both front hubs loose. No tools and managed to get it out. Grabbed an axle and hopefully I'll get my shimmy fixed with an OEM replacement.

Got lucky today. Went to the junkyard and found an 05 lgt sedan. Engine was pulled and both front hubs loose. No tools and managed to get it out. Grabbed an axle and hopefully I'll get my shimmy fixed with an OEM replacement.
Envious.
* Build Thread * 26.53 MPG - 12 month Average *

Lucky.

Ordered new end links and hubs.

Steering dampener only changed where it shakes not a fix for it. Now the wheel speed moved up for the shake from 70-80 mph range to 75-85.

I do like the direct feel at the wheel though. Tight steering feel has been achieved.

Edited by kzr750r1

Dadbod, I may have seen your car parked in a DC neighborhood. Blue LGT wagon with aftermarket rims?

As for me, replaced my 7 year old battery with an XS power D5100R AGM battery. I like it!

Also installed a brand new FEQ front axle and upgraded the led bulb in the cabin with this one. AMAZING. Very pleased with it.

IMG_20190705_114337.thumb.jpg.dda942b238dd6a5dba846729ee61232b.jpg

Dadbod, I may have seen your car parked in a DC neighborhood. Blue LGT wagon with aftermarket rims?

Hmmm, not mine. But I'm curious... I don't remember seeing any LGT wagon's around me.

AVO endlinks that broke?

Bingo! Well, broke via rust.

I was hearing some clunking in the rear over un even bumps, covert russian said to check your end links. didn't have to look hard to find that one. the weird thing, is the threads rusted out. There's still threads in the turnbuckle, and threads on the bolt. but it's like the bolt is a half size too small. It twists in but it's so loose it can't get locked down. just pops right out. The turnbuckle and the lower link are covered in rust.

Finally decided to replace my rear bushings on the front control arms (after five years :rolleyes:). Used my bushing press tool. It was a bit hard at first until I found the right set up. And obviously, I easily added 2 hours to the work because the PO did not use antiseize on the endlink threads. So had to cut the endlinks and cut 4 bolts. What a pain :mad:. Ended up buying some avo endlinks.

Note on the pic the use of a timing belt pulley to help push the bushing out. Perfect size. I did press out the bearing. 'Easily' pops out.

IMG_20190720_175232.thumb.jpg.2c74ccd06b11e0b44c4172fc688a3d98.jpg

IMG_20190720_175237.thumb.jpg.4280d68965d45ce8a4d603588886d1ca.jpg

Edited by xt2005bonbon

Just wanted to toss this up here since this is one of the most visited threads on the site these days and never like to see anyone miss out because they didnt get notified of a special going on.

We normally wait for holidays to run specials, We figured we would change it up this time

10% OFF August Etune special. Prices are live on the website.

Thanks for the continued support, I love this community.

Dave

1470752659_augustpromo2019.thumb.jpg.e53ebfb810a90cb982a1fa9103ca1037.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

i washed it yesterday and am in love with it all over again (for the billionth time)

I removed my Pinks. Raised my Outback up 3/4inch in the front and about an 1 inch in the rear. I prefer the stance and will really enjoy not hitting my hitch on anything. Also pulled off my 255/40/18 wheels because again the slight rub was annoying me.

Decided to put the Outback back at the height where I enjoyed it. Went to low :D.