LegacyGT.com

Rear fog light bulbs for our Legacy

It might just be my OCD, but legends as it that the RFL were used to allow someone to double you in foul weather and pointing them where the car ''stopped'' permitting not hitting the rear side/quarter panel, and that they were supposed to be on the side where you could be doubled, ie same side as your steering wheel. On yours, it's on the right side. can you switch it to the left side? Or is the lens coming froma country where they drive on the other side of the road?

It might just be my OCD, but legends as it that the RFL were used to allow someone to double you in foul weather and pointing them where the car ''stopped'' permitting not hitting the rear side/quarter panel, and that they were supposed to be on the side where you could be doubled, ie same side as your steering wheel. On yours, it's on the right side. can you switch it to the left side? Or is the lens coming froma country where they drive on the other side of the road?

I think that is just a modified US Spec lens with a red film to accommodate the bright light.

It looks nothing like the OEM set up from countries that require rear fogs.

And you are right, for US, it needs to be on drivers side.

Below is an image from a JDM car

04yX1bVdpYcop65xZ5z2PSiY06uexEgmlqQj0Sl93RnJcIG8r3gGJ3csMOHGgxuJw-MDKOm8ZR1KTHTnjPoUtN5fdIQlxs1Wz_fmkYGsb48A2M7bm8hU95kKfq5C4o2EWcdKbkqQW_gzfw8osjBFf27ocmEX-D4COJDdm1kAEDGTnMcujv9Lo0uWkJ5qyJi7BqYhO2lJYFi6SL64-0KblfovlrzlCl4wVBgZS1wFr8PBfxu0w2HGvNtzcyl4ux5t9LHOk-Y1YUxvNzgQ7aBvwmqZ_6v7Rx7J18--VBbHQOydDObrd__kXhZngbVzYaa7pIfVjs_pmU2HwmQK9uejaeYGRZo8KG5JYhqw3HeX3sjparhydki-UWJPQokKZSEOWX6sQhGaBcp2EB3fCIMtO6Mrcu7uzeqHz8sWA9GJeY4nIWieHQ3S0cPYE9tuNC_RTwyJ36mQTAVCgISHfh69viC-va01yHial8Omqka5geKfjy5eacVZFOBUYv85-Hc-TfZC7dYe4uoNHSXWuHW0F3JxlyoNx1nK67hESdq1d7zFAkbNfe-dvHix0b_GBn3Vf1-kz9WhYItPo7hFK29PxGxEiYy21jWylVfDD-I=w1280-h720-no

AF1QipNhgyKTgwCLQFpxxDzbUazj8g2OLU0hdaJyTeoWAJfX7mBxefGBfbsAC7mF44PBNH1NC-9xG3ghpVVGP-u88NlwskLT6a1IdiMVs5kz29GTnmtAjMjbTivGLwmz7nWdtbZoGitT7-qfVKm-NofTD7nsgDvGVHjATTx25TUt5xAkmefjfJhND5WNDvrNmpsOHCAh6Kp7FFkCpn0k9wV9oy7r1FpQzEbWspN8GGXOTMdTTktzYLfGa8aO7j7YRcFIPtcmEPTWctaGErV07qFa1OnBBCgx3GOatZ2Re8DAbTarPSJG9FunzPZVRZdraiDZY1liSNiKYkZqjlIQQI1vGrVCMKftSdVSTURcLCsEofxbEAE63pGZWE7yUD_4hFigFq6rEa0uYejWTOLBNFraZtkDUn2ihiTaCHQ8oS8B_p3wNzF9WC1P693M5d3xV85qweyPdwY0ZyrSFXaKtvPcNJpvSuTY0U5sn4N2gHDmAAbpUPkL1YJReWFGsYWHQVu0AshAyEGGqn0ldPCfPrWGcHbQ7KFKKkcjCRK1u-zmAwz8O3OmntHK1auWhnJseqBn8xQhm1SsFviElhjXGL0ICbJzxRUKY2YiEyMLzWSLMAtSvmGg4ARuLZmOqLTQ-yBWmyRvcyJJv9nEHvM=w506-h899-no

AF1QipNhgyKTgwCLQFpxxDzbUazj8g2OLU0hdaJyTeoW-tmp.jpgdRAJC4etwBfewnMv7w83Vvse43c5jd2jv5

Oh thanks for letting me know. I was going to change it up a bit but while I’m in the process I could just easily switch it over to the drivers side.

I got it installed because I see rear fog lights are highly used in my area by others and their European vehicles. It gets really foggy around here and can be very helpful.

I will post a video soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see rear fog lights are highly used in my area by others and their European vehicles.

I doubt a lot of those people really use it in the right setting. I've seen tons of cars with them turned on all the time and its a PITA. And they usually have no idea why you are flashing at them and start slowing down to be a d***

When used in heavy fog, it helps people see you. Its just annoying to the person behind you if you turn it on in normal fog.

I had rear fogs on my Volvos which were the last two cars I had before the legacy. In the 22+ years I had both cars I suspect that I "really" needed to turn on the bulb less than 10 times. Unless you live in a place where fog is thick and constant I don't see the need. The rear fogs were good to have, but I would never pay to have an aftermarket bulb installed.

Another solution in search of a problem

Where I am in NJ the fog gets really dense in the early AM when I’m headed to work. A cop once asked me turn my rear fog when I was at a traffic light and I told him I didn’t have one. That’s when I contacted Lightwerkz to see if they could help me.

cad885cef47260cc81c1a167767ff3e1.jpg

The good thing is that there is an option to switch it off the rear fog when conditions get clearer. This will help prevent it from being an annoyance to drivers behind me.

For those who don’t need it, don’t get it done but in my case it is very helpful. I will just switch it to the opposite side to make sure it’s on the correct side. Total cost was really low so it doesn’t hurt the bank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you have a rear fog, don't turn it on unless you have problems seeing the car in front of you due to fog.

Some dickheads have it on all the time and it sucks being behind them in rain because it interfers with vision of other stuff that might be a problem.

453747.png

Archived