LegacyGT.com

Rough idle after stopping

Hello all,

A few weeks ago I got some upgrades and a tune done on my car at a local performance shop. Everything ran great and I had no problems at all. Then I put an AVO intercooler and DW65c in and got it retuned. This is when the problem started. On my way home from the shop I noticed it had a rough idle so went straight back and had it looked over. They said that it may just be because it had to relearn idle as they had not let it idle for long enough to do so. They also said that if that wasn't the problem it could be a faulty BOV that had worn out. Well it has now been 2 weeks and it is still happening. The problem is that it only idles rough after coming to a complete stop. As I am rolling to the stop with the clutch pushed in it is fine. As soon as the jerk of the car stopping occurs the RPMs drop to below 500 and idle becomes very rough almost stalling. This makes it very difficult to take off quickly as the RPMs need to come uo that much more. When sitting at a light the RPMs will SLOWLY climb back to about 800. Anyways, I was wondering if the BOV could be the problem or if anyone has any other suggestions as to what the problem might be.

Also, i dont know if this has anything to do with it but my A/F wideband gauge seems to be a lot more sporadic after the second tune. After the first one it was perfect. Not jumpy at all and very consistent. After the second tune the A/F ratio seems to be changing a lot more.

07 SWP LGT Limited - SPT CBE, Invidia UP, Invidia DP, Grimmspeed EBCS, AVO TMIC, DW65c pump, SPT Intake, ISC Coilover

Contact Mike Kinsman of http://www.tuningalliance.com in Vernon CT meet up with him on a Sunday morning and have him do his Tuning magic on your car. He's right off exit 65 on rt84

He will either fix it or let you know whats wrong.

You can tell him I sent you.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Sounds like a tuning issue, it may be running rich at/about idle which is why it's having that issue. Did it do this before they tuned it?

No didnt do it before the tune. It did it a long time ago but it stopped and it hasn't done it in a couple years. The tuner said that it did it when he pulled it onto the dyno that morning but I really don't remember it doing it at all on the drive over there. My first though was a tuning issue but the guy swears that it isn't.

@Whatisit Nope, no lightweight flywheel.

@Max Capacity Ok thanks! Ill check him out.

07 SWP LGT Limited - SPT CBE, Invidia UP, Invidia DP, Grimmspeed EBCS, AVO TMIC, DW65c pump, SPT Intake, ISC Coilover

Archived