LegacyGT.com

Perrin FMIC vs x02 FMIC

I am looking for a FMIC and i have it narrowed down to these two. Is one better than the other? I want to do as little trimming as possible. I have read that with the perrin the fogs can be kept but not with the x02. Is there any truth to this? Also if anyone has any pics either of install or after i would really appreciate it of you could post them. I have searched an read everything i could find but they didnt really give me the info I wanted. I plan on getting a 20g turbo and everything that is needed to go with that so I am assuming that i will need one of these but i am planning on getting one anyways so it doesnt really matter. If i got the x02 i might be getting it from someone on this forum used so i am trying to find out whether or not it is a better idea to go for that one or just spend the extra $$ and go for the perrin.

Thanks

07 SWP LGT Limited - SPT CBE, Invidia UP, Invidia DP, Grimmspeed EBCS, AVO TMIC, DW65c pump, SPT Intake, ISC Coilover

Have you considered the racer-x/itsme FMIC? I don't believe you lose your fogs with that one either, and it sits in between the x02 and perrin on the cost scale. Its the same guy that designed the x02 kit.

More info here

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/gb3-racer-x-itsme-fmic-05-09-lgt-and-08-wrx-134904.html

It's cool; I'm with the band

I have the racer-x one. i still have my fogs. i think it says on the perrin site that with their fmic kit you do have to lose the fogs.

You loose the bumper beam, keep fogs. Perrin gives you this lame metal tube to bolt into where the beam goes.

Keep your beam, keep your fogs, get the racer-x and do a nice clean install.

Archived