LegacyGT.com

ME: Complete 6 speed drivetrain

Selling a complete drivetrain which was removed from a 6 speed swapped 2005 LGT. Includes the following:

2007 STI 6 speed trans w/ 60k miles, shifts flawlessly through all gears

ACT HDSS clutch & ACT flywheel

Drive shaft, all axles, rear diff, torque solutions dog bone

Looking to get $2800 for the complete setup. Located in Southern Maine. Local pickup/ meet within reasonable distance strongly preferred, not looking to ship.

IMG_7058.thumb.jpg.0e1cea5f4f852a5a39e29ea9c20b442c.jpg

IMG_7055.thumb.jpg.759989e84da8b6bb7aec0152f62a805d.jpg

IMG_7062.PNG.fbea1cbb329601fc7893558122dd830c.PNG

Edited by kred

• 2 weeks later...

I should have done this swap a decade ago in my wagon.

This is a good deal for someone thinking about doing this swap.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

What is the model number of the trans? Would you add a closeup (macro) picture of the model number? There's a good list of the type of limited slips in front and rear diffs, based on the model. Also, does this have a DCCD controller?

What is the model number of the trans? Would you add a closeup (macro) picture of the model number? There's a good list of the type of limited slips in front and rear diffs, based on the model. Also, does this have a DCCD controller?

Trans has the casting code TY85 on the side. There's a sticker with a number on it as well which I'm not able to make out. Rear diff has a code 326B in yellow ink, 3.54 FDR. I don't have a DCCD to go with this.

sorry, newb here, I'll delete if you want me to. Is all of that required to do a 6 speed swap from a 5spd manual? I can't just swap the transmission and maybe the main driveshaft over?

Yes you will need this whole setup or close to it. The 6 speed is a longer transmission, and the driveshaft is shorter to compensate. Have to match the final drive ratio using this sti R180 rear diff with a 3.54 FDR. The rear axles are special hybrid axles for 6 speed swapped legacies. Front axles are the only item that might be interchangeable but they’re to be sold with the complete set.

• 2 weeks later...
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression Spec B rear axles were required to make STI transmission swap work on LGT.

This only the case if you are running an R180. Correct me if I'm wrong but that diff looks like an R160 to me. However, what people also do if running an R180 is they take the cv going into the r180 and put it on the r160 shaft hence "hybrid", but what you actually made is a spec b axle.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression Spec B rear axles were required to make STI transmission swap work on LGT.
This only the case if you are running an R180. Correct me if I'm wrong but that diff looks like an R160 to me. However, what people also do if running an R180 is they take the cv going into the r180 and put it on the r160 shaft hence "hybrid", but what you actually made is a spec b axle.
See post #7. This is an R180 with hybrid axles.

Going to make a sweet deal for someone.

Let me know if you decide to ship. I can receive at a business with forklift and loading dock available.

Otherwise GLWYS

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920AZ using Tapatalk

I really wish I could take a road trip up to Maine, but now is just not my time...

GLWS!

Same. If I wasn't still working, then I would drive the truck up there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920AZ using Tapatalk

See post #7. This is an R180 with hybrid axles.

I honestly don't know man. That diff cover is clearly R160. Not trying to reduce the reputation of the seller, I just don't want somebody who doesn't know better thinking they are getting an r180.

I honestly don't know man. That diff cover is clearly R160. Not trying to reduce the reputation of the seller, I just don't want somebody who doesn't know better thinking they are getting an r180.

Why do you say it looks like a R160?

It looks like the larger R180 to me.

And the rear half-shafts look beefier as well.

Why do you say it looks like a R160?

It looks like the larger R180 to me.

And the rear half-shafts look beefier as well.

On a R180 diff cover the studs go into a continuous long rectangular protrusion that spans across the diff. On a R160 diff cover the studs go into 2 separate small rectangular protrusions where each stud goes into its own little protrusion.

• 1 year later...
On a R180 diff cover the studs go into a continuous long rectangular protrusion that spans across the diff. On a R160 diff cover the studs go into 2 separate small rectangular protrusions where each stud goes into its own little protrusion.

I second this. Just bought an R180 and it does not look like the one pictured.