LegacyGT.com

Need advice on vf46 to vf52 turbo upgrade

Spyder

I have my motor on a stand my heads are being done and I have new stock pistons due to ring failure but I would like to upgrade my turbo due to the shaft play and blown seals in my current one but if I were to get the vf52 using the ej255 block would I be able to use a legacy tune to make sure I dont surge etc or would I use an sti tune or go to an actual tuner, I have a vrl3 accessport and a full turbo back exhaust catless perrin up pipe but stock headers so someone help I have an 08 GT

Since you have a few mods going already, you should get at least an e-tune. vf52 is mapped for 2011-2014 wrx (not sti). and so you can request your tuner set up a conservative tune. the blocks are almost the same between wrx/fxt/obxt/lgt/sti

Okay so I called infamous and they saod 450 for as many revisions as I need and I looked at cryotune and they are cheaper but I have a perrin up pipe , invidia catless down pipe and spt exhaust , im nervous because since its going to be my first start up etc I want a trustworthy tune so subiedad 51 how many revisions did it take for you and what mods do you have? Also OB2.5XT did you get tuned by cryotune?

I did - I think 7 was the final one. Dave is awesome to work with and does as many revisions are needed to get it dialed.

Really just read through the tuner threads and decide which one you want to go with. As far as I can tell any of the e-tuning vendors here seem to give really good results.

Archived