LegacyGT.com

Tuning and SI Drive

Qckslvr

Before I get flamed, I tried several search strings without much success, so I submit to you a question in a virgin thread...

What is going to happen to my SI Drive if/when I decide to put a Opensource tune on the car? I want to retain the ability to change the modes (possibly have an even more aggressive Sport# and a more economic Intelligent modes?)

You will still be able to change the modes even with an opensource tune. The only thing the SI drive really changes is the amount of throttle. You can have the drive reprogrammed but a regular open source tune will still have the 3 different modes.

The coolest thing you can do is use it to run different levels of boost by restricting the amount of requested torque each mode targets. You can also have them target the same boost but have different pedal feels much like the factory tune.

I've done all kinds of tuning experiments with these tables and they definitely need to be tuned better when getting a pro tune. I use I-mode capped at 0% waste gate but still hitting 100% throttle opening. This is super smooth since there is no waste gate tuning involved but down on power as it maxes around 12psi. You can also set the closed/open loop delay separately for I-mode which is helpful for getting better mpg while freeway cruising. Also, adding a bit of a "flat" spot in the lower (15-40%) throttle opening can help to use less gas.

S-mode in my car is full boost and 100% linear and is absolutely easy to drive even with a light weight flywheel.

S# starts with a similar linear feel but instantly ramps at 50% throttle to almost full requested torque. This mode will squeal some tires out of first if you aren't careful and have VDC off..

Archived