LegacyGT.com

2018 Outback 3.6R

Picked up the car this morning, traded in the 2016.

Magnetite Gray with gray leather.

The car has less wind noise, faster touch screen, faster seat heaters, easier to read clock and outside air temp.

Have 33 miles on it so far.

We decided to trade in when we saw all the improvements and with the same features/options the 16' had, it was cheaper. With 0% and the trade in value and money down, the payment is half what it was.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Thanks, The Spec has a nice ride, not to harsh.

The Outback is different sort of car, but overall it does ride and corner fairly well. It has less wind noise then the 2016 we traded in.

The sound system is much better too, it fills the car with sound much the same way as my 05 wagon does, the 16 was lacking there.

The touch screen is much more responsive then the 16. The 18 is a nice improvement.

We found that the seats, door panels etc were very dry on our '18. Happen to rub a little chemical guys conditioner on the drivers seat and spent the next hour conditioning all the Java surfaces. Gave it a darker richer color :wub:

We sprung for the ResistALL NG2 coating for the car. It's a life time guaranty covers a whole list of things to the exterior and interior.

https://www.google.com/search?q=ResistALL+NG2&oq=ResistALL+NG2&aqs=chrome..69i57j0.21480j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Just walked out and looked. The gap seems pretty even along both side of the hood above the headlights.

I'm sure if there was an issue it was taken care of before we picked it up

Thanks for the heads up.

Edited by Max Capacity

Saturday night got to see the SRH, steering responsive headlights work. That's nice.

Also the headlights are much better then the 2016. Enjoy watching the auto high beams work too.

• 2 weeks later...

GF likes the auto locking doors.

I like the rear braking, more towards a 5 spoke style wheel, gray interior, have found the stereo sounds better, it's fills the car with sound more like my 05 wagon does.

The Nav screen works much faster.

With the same options the 16 had the price was cheaper, plus 0% financing, with what we paid down on the 16 over the time we owned it and putting more money down on this one, the payment is half what it was.

Also, the front C-lights are now DRL's, where they were not on previous years. And it's fairly more quiet than my '17 sedan. Much better handling than our old '12 OB, and thank goodness they got rid of the clunky 5sp auto. CVT, while not my fav., is much better than it used to be. Edited by inthedeck

Yes, I enjoy driving the car with the CVT. I don't think I'm ready for a CVT in my DD but this is her car, so she's happy.

I have said before, I love the eyesight system so much that I can't see buying a new car without it.

Problem is you can't get it with a 6mt in an STI.

Edited by Max Capacity

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Trying to convince my wife to replace our '07 Mazda CX9 with a '18 Outback Touring (just because I could not stand those standard roof rails). What kind of gas mileage are you getting with the 3.6 engine?

Trying to convince my wife to replace our '07 Mazda CX9 with a '18 Outback Touring (just because I could not stand those standard roof rails). What kind of gas mileage are you getting with the 3.6 engine?

Many of the OB guys are getting the premium and limited models and installing the Touring's (and JDM's) lower roof rails. The lower ones cost in the hundreds of dollars. Which is cheaper than the difference of touring over limited.

And I do almost completely stop/go/traffic/city (sub 30mph) driving with my '18 3.6, and I'm sitting right at 20mpg, lol.

Many of the OB guys are getting the premium and limited models and installing the Touring's (and JDM's) lower roof rails. The lower ones cost in the hundreds of dollars. Which is cheaper than the difference of touring over limited.

And I do almost completely stop/go/traffic/city (sub 30mph) driving with my '18 3.6, and I'm sitting right at 20mpg, lol.

Price of Limited + Eyesight Package (I want the LED headlights) is almost the same as Touring. We might just go with a 2.5i.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...