LegacyGT.com

Exhaust pops when shifting? LGT 2008

Hello, I'm pretty new when it comes to these cars and I was wondering if these exhaust crackles are an issue I should get fixed. I know to some people they sound cool, I don't mind the sound I just want to make sure it's not harming the car in anyway.

Everything is stock besides an Invida catback exhaust, and I plan on keeping it all stock.

I'm probably going to get a pro tune in the near future because right now it's running the Cobb OTS stage 1 tune.

You'll hear some pops during shifts with an aftermarket exhaust and an OTS map in my experience, you're probably fine. I suspect the OTS maps are a little on the rich side for safety. My neighbor's LGT with a Cobb Stage 2 OTS map will actually pop a flame on occasion during hard shifts. Wouldn't worry about it unless there's other trouble signs.

You'll hear some pops during shifts with an aftermarket exhaust and an OTS map in my experience, you're probably fine. I suspect the OTS maps are a little on the rich side for safety. My neighbor's LGT with a Cobb Stage 2 OTS map will actually pop a flame on occasion during hard shifts. Wouldn't worry about it unless there's other trouble signs.

Okay thank you, I think I'm a little bit too worried about my car. It's just a lot different from my piece of shit 2005 Chevy Malibu Maxx, and I just need to get used to the sounds that it makes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk