LegacyGT.com

Cobb Accessport

TheMahFromTheU

Fishbone do u lack reading comprehension skills. I have an 08 with a stock turbo, I also have an 07 with a later model sti which was tuned by a pro. I'd like to know if there are subtle differences in settings in the ECU, although they are a year a apart Subaru changed a few things and I can't just swap ecu? Correct?

• 4 weeks later...
If your in NY you should contact Mike Kinsman at tuningalliance@gmail.com

IM him, he's much closer to you here in Vernon CT.

He's been keeping both my running since 2008 when I first met him.

But Dave at CYRO is the other Tuner I'd recommend.

Hey Max -

I never got a response from Mike (Tuning Alliance), and Dave (Cryo Tune) seems a bit uninterested. Any other tuners you might recommend? maybe since covid-19 customer service took a nose dive like the market on certain days.

Hey Max -

I never got a response from Mike (Tuning Alliance), and Dave (Cryo Tune) seems a bit uninterested. Any other tuners you might recommend? maybe since covid-19 customer service took a nose dive like the market on certain days.

From reading yer thread, I'd guess any tuner would assume yer cars are a disaster waiting to happen. If you had a tuner already do one of yer cars, why don't you take it back to them?

Fishbone do u lack reading comprehension skills. I have an 08 with a stock turbo, I also have an 07 with a later model sti which was tuned by a pro. I'd like to know if there are subtle differences in settings in the ECU, although they are a year a apart Subaru changed a few things and I can't just swap ecu? Correct?

exactly the same car and ecu. tuning would be different because different turbos. However if what you want to do is take the modified ecu and move it to another car, you'll have issues.

You'd know that if you did any reading.

From reading yer thread, I'd guess any tuner would assume yer cars are a disaster waiting to happen. If you had a tuner already do one of yer cars, why don't you take it back to them?

Why would anyone of them think my car is a disaster waiting to happen? car is bone stock except for the built block. Take it back to them? I never took it to them to begin with WTF LOL

Why would anyone of them think my car is a disaster waiting to happen? car is bone stock except for the built block. Take it back to them? I never took it to them to begin with WTF LOL

so what does "built" mean to you? cause everyone else here obviously thinks it means a shop or someone knowledgeable spec'ed a bunch of performance parts to make a high horsepower engine.

driving/running a "built" engine without a tune is akin to throwing gas on a pile of money and setting it on fire.

someone asked you at the beginning for the specs on your engine, car, expectations, etc. Yer response was rude. ppl are still trying to help you, boredom I guess. Try getting over yourself and answering questions with new information. We can actually help you.

otherwise go F yer self and yer fb attitude

so what does "built" mean to you? cause everyone else here obviously thinks it means a shop or someone knowledgeable spec'ed a bunch of performance parts to make a high horsepower engine.

driving/running a "built" engine without a tune is akin to throwing gas on a pile of money and setting it on fire.

someone asked you at the beginning for the specs on your engine, car, expectations, etc. Yer response was rude. ppl are still trying to help you, boredom I guess. Try getting over yourself and answering questions with new information. We can actually help you.

otherwise go F yer self and yer fb attitude

Guy you’re like a lot of forum members acting like Subaru gods like you worked for Fuji Heavy Industries yet you came on here like a newb like everyone else so pleaee spare me your dumbass attitude.

Built is block torn down and pistons, connecting rods, bearings, crank arent stock - weisco manley king bearings sti nitrated crank. Block was hot tanked and steamed. I was told that makes my block built. The other rude person didn’t even read what I was asking totally missed the question and asked me questions like wtf???

Do me a favor and f**k off you’re wack and your ride probably wack - pull your W2 and let’s go f**ckboy otherwise stay off the internet.

see that wasn't hard, was it? so you got a shortblock. replaced like for like or oversized? forged pistons or not? did you fo sny work on the heads?

a built block means it was "built" for more power. As yer still short on details, guessing you bot it this way. You don't have any other mods because yer bone stock.

sure, buy an accessport. put a stage 1 tune on it you can download from cobb for free. when you buy their uppipe and downpipe, then you can flash the "free" stage 2 tune.

after that, things get expensive. You'll need to work with a tuner, who'll ask you a bunch of questions about yer build (the more you tell them, the better yer tune will be). They'll ask you do some logging and you'll send them the logs.

Maybe that's not enough, at which point, you can pay for dyno time and a tuner. Figure $500 per session minimum. At that point, every change to yer car will require a new tune.

with regards diatribe, sure, whatever. move on. 35 posts to answer the first question. You set a new record. Heres a sandwich...