LegacyGT.com

UEL Header (2017 legacy 2.5i)

I’m interested in finding a source that sells UEL headers for my 2017 legacy,I’ve already done a muffler delete done by nameless(4” slash cut axle back). I’ve read that a UEL header will improve the pops and rumble. Just can’t find any in google

Thank you for reading glad to be in this forum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm having trouble with raptors site but I'm not sure they make headers for the 2.5 in the Gen 6. As for why the STI is "stuck at" 310, I'm not sure it really is. Seems like a choice more than anything. Most people are able to easily surpass that with a reflash.

From what I've read UEL headers are OK for low end torque but ELs are better overall especially at the top end of the rev range.

Does anyone know if there's a resonator in the stock system? Maybe you could delete that?

I'm having trouble with raptors site but I'm not sure they make headers for the 2.5 in the Gen 6. As for why the STI is "stuck at" 310, I'm not sure it really is. Seems like a choice more than anything. Most people are able to easily surpass that with a reflash.

From what I've read UEL headers are OK for low end torque but ELs are better overall especially at the top end of the rev range.

Does anyone know if there's a resonator in the stock system? Maybe you could delete that?

Yes there is resonator on stock system

So would EL headers be better? More performance would be nice

I’ve found raptors 2.5 headers next step is doing cats but I’m very new to car guy stuff as this is my first car I’ve done my axle back by nameless what would the next best step be? Can anybody give me a good step by step on working on my exhaust?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know it your car to do with and sound like you please. Makes me think of what I think is a Mazda. Evey time I see and hear that car I it says to me is when I grow up I want to be a muscle car.

OP, there're are two different sounds, as far as I'm concerned:

1. The boxer sound (not exclusive to Subaru). You can research ways to find what you want, be it guys on here who are modified or those who have gone the custom route.

2. The UEL header rumble. This used to be the signature Subie sound, but has become more the sound of inefficiency since about 5+ years ago. I wouldn't consider an UELH at all.

Having an FB25 myself I wouldn't consider ANY engine mods. Waste of time. A louder exhaust would just make me wish I had a fast car and any increase in NVH (drone) would make me swap back to stock soon after.

If you want more noise, do what N/A four-banger owners for decades have been doing - get a big ol' intake!!!

so, that is why the standard STi is stuck at 310HP?

No, ring lands. :lol:

Honestly, I have no idea why Subaru never went with ELH's and a twin-scroll in the STI after 2015. I'm not saying they should have used the WRX's unit, but something more appropriate for its flagship model.

With that said, prices haven't crept up much over the years, so there's that...

Edited by gathermewool

'15 FB25

Magnatec 0W-20 + FU filter (70,517 miles)

RSB, Fr. Strut Bar, Tint, STI BBS, LED er'where

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
OBX Racing might make 2.5 Headers.. I know they make 3.6r ones.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Hey do you know anyone actually running the OBX headers on the 3.6R 6th Gen? I thought I read somewhere there's a little extra body clearance needed under the 6th....but I've used search to the fullest in here and couldn't find much mention of OBX past the 4th Gen stuff. Raptors consistently out of stock and another group I'm in says their quality is crap anyway. I'm hoping the OBXs will fit but the only place I see them is eBay and I'm not sure I could return them....