LegacyGT.com

Broken Lumbar Again

The lumbar support in my car broke 3 times in 3 years. The first time was a few weeks after I bought the car and was replaced at no charge, the second time about a year after I had the car and that was under warranty and the third time last week, not under warranty.

The first time the dealer said they installed heavy duty hardware and it shouldn't break again. The second time they supposedly replaced the seat frame with a heavier duty design and said it won't break again. I call BS on the first two fixes. They obviously replaced the same weak hooks with new weak hooks.

I searched on here for a fix and took all the advice and did my own fix with real heavy duty shackles. This should last forever. It was easy and took about 5 minutes from start to finish. Thanks all for the instructions in other posts.

rFEbSYP.jpg

lUyl8PK.jpg

I just hope the tabs on the seat frame where I put the quick links don't rip off after a while.

It seems like the clips Subaru uses to secure the lumbar cable is nothing more that a heavy duty paper clip bent into a hook shape.

Edited by Aces36