LegacyGT.com

Aftermarket Stereo

Images uploaded.

It's my first time uploading images to this forum so apologies if I have done it wrong.

Some photos of the screen from front and side playing MP3.

Front/side video.

Front/side with the DVD ejected.

I also have the HDMI going from the head unit through to the center console where I'm running an Intel Stick PC off the cigarette lighter. PC boots into a MALA front end with a selection of MAME games.

IMG_0021.thumb.JPG.c1135efa9e5f2cfd1ec2b6971a2a88d4.JPG

IMG_0023.thumb.JPG.37e01006e64696077392eff315689699.JPG

IMG_0026.thumb.JPG.d52c092c0af39e1da217d7661f5d12b4.JPG

IMG_0027.thumb.JPG.fabab1db56d69ad9fa68abc3e509eb71.JPG

IMG_0028.thumb.JPG.7f50190812147e29fccb25eff7a85b56.JPG

IMG_0029.thumb.JPG.cc32fa2c78f758509565cb8b2ad3fbaf.JPG

• 6 months later...
I have a 16 as well what do i need to put in a aftermarket setero to be plug and play from what ive seen there isent any the wiring harness is wrong or something like that
I wanted to keep my Stock Head unit and steering controls but wanted to upgrade speakers and add amps and subs so I bought a ARC Audio PCM.. worked perfectly and has a USB Cable for tuning with a laptop..

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Anybody replace their speakers only? I find the HK speakers to be clear and nice, but too harsh in the midrange/vocals. I was unable to make it sound better by playing with the Bass/Mid/Treble adjustments. I find myself always turning the volume down, because it's just painful at high volumes. It's not that I don't like loud, only in this car it's a bit painful. In my wife's Toyota with a JBL system, streaming the same music is totally fine.

So wanted to replace the speakers only and looked at Crutchfield to see what they had and there seems to be a good selection.

What are your experiences for those who replaced the speakers only?

I haven't been in the game for over a decade, but the four cars I've replaced speakers in have sounded worse, overall, without an amp. Most aftermarket speakers are built for mids and highs, and I was really disappointed to lose 90% of the low-range.

Be careful trying to cut corners with car audio

'15 FB25

Magnatec 0W-20 + FU filter (70,517 miles)

RSB, Fr. Strut Bar, Tint, STI BBS, LED er'where

Anybody replace their speakers only?

So wanted to replace the speakers only and looked at Crutchfield to see what they had and there seems to be a good selection.

I have the sport trim so I did not have the HK speakers. However, when I upgraded only my speakers I used this model (I used the 9623 model, but this is the new equivalent model it looks like):

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_108R9633IM/Infinity-Reference-REF-9633ix.html?

In my opinion, I have found them to be very balanced and produce a clear sound. It was recommended to me by multiple people to go with a very high sensitivity dB rating when keeping the stock headunit. If I had to do it again, I would get these speakers for the front only and keep the stock back speakers. Of the total improvement of sound, I would estimate the fronts contributed about 80% and the backs the last 20%.

Crutchfield has fantastic customer service, and their plug and play harnesses made the process non-intimidating for someone like myself who had never done anything like this before. The only thing I wanted form the limited trim was the HK system which they did not offer in the sport, so it was an easy choice for me to spend $180 on new speakers compared to an extra $2k to move up a trim level to a car I didn't like as much (Personally not a fan of leather car seats and wood trim, and I liked the sport wheels design better).

• 5 weeks later...
Anybody replace their speakers only? I find the HK speakers to be clear and nice, but too harsh in the midrange/vocals. I was unable to make it sound better by playing with the Bass/Mid/Treble adjustments. I find myself always turning the volume down, because it's just painful at high volumes. It's not that I don't like loud, only in this car it's a bit painful. In my wife's Toyota with a JBL system, streaming the same music is totally fine.

I came across this today. Maybe you have already purchased speakers ... but if you haven't, then perhaps you might find this helpful.