LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your Outback today? V3

Sigh. Been there.

Putting the 16G on years ago had to clock it for the perrin TMIC to sit correct. Was part of the BNR run that his mock up template was off... Anyhoo didn't know I pulled the drain hose clear doing so. Until there was a lake of fresh T6 all over the driveway after first startup... DOH!

Took the car back over to the alignment dude... I need to get some camber bolts. He's out of room for adjustment on the fronts. It's a little better on the 69 to 78 wheel shimmy but now I'm suspecting these wheel alignment machines are just not correct.

Or I'm jut hyper sensitive to the crappy roads we have.

Either way will put some new LCA on in the near future and need to order those camber bolts. Well get her.

Pretty much loaded the SkyBox (I mean Loaded!) and heading to band camp at the base of Mt Lassen for the weekend... Yeah! Helping some friends cater the event. Listen to some great live pickers and song writers shoot the shit. I'm an extra set of hands so hopefully some time for fishing and some nice pictures.

Packed up the OBXT for a weekend in Shenandoah with the family. It’s amazing how much food we’re bringing. Expecting to have a much lighter car on the trip home.

Did you bring a fridge? :)

So nice to have one on longer trips. Piece of mind and you can buy some steak, milk, butter, etc, for later.

No fridge. But we have a three day cooler that I’ve become an expert at packing. Plus the cabin we’re renting has a kitchen (and a grille [emoji2]!)

Rained most of the weekend and I wounded myself with Makers Mark Thursday evening... Recovered the next day. Not many pictures taken of the surrounding area. Just a couple of the car. Did snow on us Sunday. Captured some footage of driving back on the gopro down HWY 36/32 to Chico. Plenty of spots to stop and put a line in the water. Road crossed the same creek several times.

Ya they're some big boys 19x9.5 +43 going to look beast. Had 255/35 on 19x9 and I think think there wasn't enough meat there. They're back ordered so they fldidnt give me an ETA yet

Can you tell a difference in handling?

I can't tell you about at the "Limit" but normal driving around the front does feel sharper. It's a small difference though. But for the hassle (lack the of) of the installation it was worth it. Not really worth the price though (but, very few things we do to these cars are)

Going to take my car in for a rear bearing replacement. I've been tolerating it on the way to work, but this weekend I realized how f'n loud it really is with the whole fam in the car. Ain't got time, nor tools desire to do it myself before our road trip next week. Or at least that's why I procrastinated so long.

Other than that, just enjoying the status quo. The car friggin rips, although it helps that I've been on 91 for awhile and forgotten the E85 rush.

Whiteline Camber Bolt Kit KCA414 was received yesterday. Now I have all the parts needed to get the MoveTec LCA on the car.

Plus hopefully the needed adjustment he needed to make the front even and correct.

There were a couple pops from the front end while I was backing out of my parking spot at the camp grounds. Assuming something settled so the alignment still needs looking at after this run.

The gear he's using for alignment is old and so is the tech. However I was not pleased by some of the new shops in town lack of caring about details after they worked on the Tacoma. If you can't get the steering wheel square how can I trust the rest is correct?

These guys at least want to do a good job. Right around the corner from the house so I can drop it off and walk home. Need to go see if they can squeeze it in this week. Need to go to Guadalajara again next week for work. Time crunch sucks.

Can you tell a difference in handling?

I dont drive the car very often, so its hard to say. However I would say the front end feels ever so slightly tighter and more together? It was $80 so I figured it would just look cool if nothing else.

Going to take my car in for a rear bearing replacement. I've been tolerating it on the way to work, but this weekend I realized how f'n loud it really is with the whole fam in the car. Ain't got time, nor tools desire to do it myself before our road trip next week. Or at least that's why I procrastinated so long.

Other than that, just enjoying the status quo. The car friggin rips, although it helps that I've been on 91 for awhile and forgotten the E85 rush.

My rear bearings are super loud too. Almost unbearable. I tried to replace but could not get the axle nut off no matter what I tried. Guess I need to take it to a shop as well.