LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

I made an LED cluster for my 2005 Leggy's new 6MT. I utilized the area where the original DVD navigation buttons were located. YouTube video of operation below.

Wait wait wait wait. Auto led? Is this connected to your shift linkage somehow or does the vehicle actually know what gear it's in. I'm assuming this is a gear indicator. Need more information.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This makes 6 weeks my car has been in the shop and nearly 2 weeks since I've received communication of any kind. :spin::spin:

Effing hate shops.

/rant

What are you getting done to your car nowadays and what shop did you end up at? I am dreading taking the car anywhere since Infamous Performance closed its doors. Granted I've had no issues with the car and have gone back to doing things myself.

I was completely stumped on a random revving issue so I shipped it off to TiC. (Turned out to be the barometric pressure sensor from the secondary air pump)

Also had a a few bushings replaced, FF kit installed, Killer B headers/UP converted to EWG and EWG install. "While they were at it"

My headers have been back from KillerB since last Monday, the shop doesn't know that I have that information, but Killer B sent me the tracking number when they shipped it back.

Everything else was finished before the headers were sent off, so all they had to do over the last 2 weeks was install headers, EWG, and tweak the tune.

I've told them no less than a dozen times that I have to take a day off work in order to come pick the car up (not to mention arrange a ride) so I need some advanced warning when the car should be finished. Never happens. They certainly have no trouble communicating when they want some money though. This minor service trip has become obscenely expensive.

I guess its my fault for thinking their behavior and customer service practices will ever change. If there was another Subaru performance shop within 100 miles of me, then I would take my business elsewhere.

Wait wait wait wait. Auto led? Is this connected to your shift linkage somehow or does the vehicle actually know what gear it's in. I'm assuming this is a gear indicator. Need more information.

I wish it was for the 6mt gears, but it's only for the DCCD indication. I forgot to add the DCCD in the description. I have thought about trying something out that would illuminate for each gear and display it though. Just want to finish my build before moving on to more in depth projects.

I was completely stumped on a random revving issue so I shipped it off to TiC. (Turned out to be the barometric pressure sensor from the secondary air pump)

Also had a a few bushings replaced, FF kit installed, Killer B headers/UP converted to EWG and EWG install. "While they were at it"

My headers have been back from KillerB since last Monday, the shop doesn't know that I have that information, but Killer B sent me the tracking number when they shipped it back.

Everything else was finished before the headers were sent off, so all they had to do over the last 2 weeks was install headers, EWG, and tweak the tune.

I've told them no less than a dozen times that I have to take a day off work in order to come pick the car up (not to mention arrange a ride) so I need some advanced warning when the car should be finished. Never happens. They certainly have no trouble communicating when they want some money though. This minor service trip has become obscenely expensive.

I guess its my fault for thinking their behavior and customer service practices will ever change. If there was another Subaru performance shop within 100 miles of me, then I would take my business elsewhere.

Sorry to hear you are having issues, I hope it gets resolved soon and you post new numbers inline with your upgrades. Is there a particular reason you went with an external wastegate?

Well another sh*tty day for the legacy but it came out ok. On my way to my office a piece of metal flew off of a transport truck... just missed my front end and luckily my jdm sti front lip. She sliced my tire like butter.

Luckily from working on the spec b so much I had my 3 ton low pro jack in my trunk and a breaker bar with a socket set. The provincial police had someone block me from getting run over on the side of the highway and I got the spare on quickly. It had about 10psi left in it.

Everyone check your spare tire's pressure!!

I was near the next exit so I stopped at the Shell and filled the tire up.

I had a spare tire at home! I called my subaru dealership because I needed parts, they said bring it in. They installed my other tire for free! Gotta love em, they turned a shit day into something good. Also I was speaking with one of their techs about my harmonic balancer/crank pulley coming apart on sunday. He left and came back a few mins later and handed me it and went back to the shop, he had just rebuilt an engine and it was spare, not new but spare... I could tell it had many many less miles than any of mine.

This is what I love about the Subaru community (even the friggin dealership) people are there to help you out, they turned a crap day into something great!

08 Spec B, insta: @08_spec_b, 10 SH Forester insta: @shfozzy

Sorry to hear you are having issues, I hope it gets resolved soon and you post new numbers inline with your upgrades. Is there a particular reason you went with an external wastegate?

I had to replace the actuator on the IWG once already and decided to go for better the overall control that EWG provides. I'll want it if/when I bite the bullet on a rotated setup anyway.

Tuner claimed 15whp increase too.

@Massai I keep a portable air compressor in my vehicles. They are cheap and very handy.

Although I've probably used it more on other peoples tires than my own.

Haha well I usually do... I loaned it to my buddy who had a tire that kept going down.

Perfect timing lol

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

08 Spec B, insta: @08_spec_b, 10 SH Forester insta: @shfozzy

Got around to installing some speakers after applying second skin sound deadening. Its night and day with just the sound deadening and stock speakers. But wow! What a huge improvement with some JBL Club 6520 in the rears and Rockford Fosgate R153x3 in the fronts. I'm not an audio guy but it sounds amazing. Paired with the ia tuning speaker mounts the install was a breeze. I'm a very happy camper. I'm in love with my car yet again haha

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Edited by tocinoman25

Follow me on IG @chefodiycarguy

and @chefo.soriano

I'm fairly certain the '06-09 part numbers just supersede the '05 numbers. I can specifically confirm that the driver's side one I ordered was ...G27A and it was a perfect drop-in fit on my '05 (Sept. '04 manufacture date).

I will be able to double confirm this shortly...at least for the driver's side temp bled too. I ordered the G27A as well since the 2005 only is no longer available. And when I look up the new OE numbers I see their application range as being 2005-2009

Wagon is LIFE! - 265,000 miles and climbing

Unofficial Build (Restoration) Thread

Steering Rack Rebuild

I hope I'm wrong but I recall reading the driver temp control is impossible to access/replace without dash removal. If you end up proving that wrong I'll be ecstatic because my driver temp servo is starting to click at certain temps now. Doing the mode servo was PITA enough.

Edit: ScottFW documented driver-side replacement and someone chimed in they were able to do it without dash removal. Curious how it goes for you. Info can be found HERE

Edited by amm203

Looks like I have a small leak from the lower Mishimoto silicon radiator hose on the wagon. Its a 9 year old silicon hose so that does not surprise me. Sucks I have to take a coolant bath to replace it. Ill grab a gates hose and be on my way. Other than that the wagon is being used for Christmas present hiding not much driving unfortunately.

Early I had mentioned trying to import a 1995 EVO III RS from Japan unfortunately that fell through. So I just put a deposit down on a 1994 JDM Celica GT4. Hopefully get it on the boat to the states here very soon!

49210150721_ea84e2334d_z.jpg

49210150751_578b0df77f_z.jpg

49209667993_58546972ec_z.jpg

I hope I'm wrong but I recall reading the driver temp control is impossible to access/replace without dash removal. If you end up proving that wrong I'll be ecstatic because my driver temp servo is starting to click at certain temps now. Doing the mode servo was PITA enough.

Edit: ScottFW documented driver-side replacement and someone chimed in they were able to do it without dash removal. Curious how it goes for you. Info can be found HERE

Yeah I saw that....I am not looking forward to it. I already did the mode actuator which is the second hardest. The passenger blend should be cake.

Wagon is LIFE! - 265,000 miles and climbing

Unofficial Build (Restoration) Thread

Steering Rack Rebuild

Got to work and was real excited to get the very first spot in the lot as the night shift left. It's been raining since this morning and I was going to be working late.

Well that spot is under a tree and there was still wet bird poo all over my car. Drove straight to the diy car wash and sprayed it off. People probably thought I was crazy being there in the rain when we have a winter weather advisory until Sunday. Worth the $2 imo.

Last night I solved an intermittent issue that has dumbfounded me for over a year.

At random times my car would peg a/f correction at +25% for several days and then go back to normal. Every time it happened I went through the check list of vacuum leak, maf sensor, a/f sensor, wiring or tuning issue. I seriously was thinking that I was going to need a new wiring harness because that was the last item to make any sense. I realized yesterday that this only happens after rain.

So, I pulled my dry filter from my grimmspeed air intake and sure enough, it was very damp. Not dripping wet, but definitely waterlogged. I swapped my oiled filter and immediately cured the issue. I seriously have been going rounds trying to figure it out. So I just bought a pre-filter to make it so water doesn't immediately soak in.

Got my car back from the dealer on Wednesday. Complete ignition lock assembly got replaced, it came with two new 05 style keys for it. Old keys will be required for doors and glove box. That's kind of bummer but I didn't order new key lock inserts for the door locks, and apparently new ignition lock is a ready made stock part with keys already done. I'll probably just keep my old valet key which is flat in my wallet just in case.

I thought about getting 09+ style key with integrated FOB but after using my middle son's 2010 OB for a few days I have to say I like the ease of using 05 style FOB better. It's likely just a matter of getting used to it, however even my son himself said he likes 05 FOB better.

The 05 OB is back home, dropping it off at the body shop Monday for adjuster to take a look at. Quarter panel will need to be fixed, but the damage is not too big, so hopefully won't take long/cost much. Rear door is the worst, but I likely just follow NoNamedude's and Dishwasher's advise and replace the doors myself, found a few available non-limited around here. Will have to move the door handles(body color painted on Limited) and front door mirror (that's the one I put folding JDM mirrors on a while back) unless shop gives me a nice quote. Will ask for two quotes - with and without taking care of existing doors.

Wanted to thank NoNameDude and Dishwasher for advise and info - you guys are an asset to this forum, thank you for providing guidance and suggestions, it DOES help a lot.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

I think that's a good idea on the insurance thing. I started doing that sort of thing back when I was younger and someone smashed a window and I realized how cheaply I could do it myself.

I also wrecked a car and my dad made me go to his friends body shop. I pulled the fender hood radiator headlight and drilled out the radiator support. Prepped it all for painting too. The paint didn't hold up lol. A good lesson in what you can and can't do and it took me like a month and a half of going there when I could to work on it.

Finally got my rear camber arms installed... Bolts were seized up and just kinda put it off. Getting the inner ones out was not fun... ended up cutting them out as well as the lower strut bolt to the trailing arm. After poking around back there a bit in the spring I think imma have to tear it all apart and do some bushings.