LegacyGT.com

What Clutch? 2012 LGT

team,

i am doing the clutch in my wife's LGT 2012 6 speed car. the clutch i saw aperson use, i think it was on the 5th gen forum was the FJK1001 OEM replacement. i just called rally sport and they said, sorry man, that car is like the red headed step child lol, it does not fit. i went on amazon and she says it fits ??? any one know for sure? id hate to order the wrong one. thanks for all of the help in advance

I wanna say most vendors don't really know exactly what fits our cars and what doesn't. I have the Southbend FJK1001-HD-O and it fits.

I have the same exact clutch in my car and it's smooth like budda.

Ordering online saves a lot of money on the OEM clutch. Ordering from an online subaru dealer was way cheaper for me than ordering through a parts store, I was under $300 for the pressure plate, clutch disc, and pilot bearing. I ordered the alignment tool and TSK 3 kit to go with it.

I also needed the tsk3 for the snout, that thing was tore up.

Used the kit mentioned above, all the suppliers told me it would not fit, so heads up to anyone who is searching online for the information, FJK 1001

Also, when i reinstalled the engine, hooked up all the grounds, all the sensors, all the other connections, i got a code...

P0607... very vague, went into limp mode. I retraced my steps and found that i knocked the throttle body inlet hose around enough to lossen it up a bit. Now after i took the inlet hose off i just cleaned the throttle body, i was in there... put the inlet on tight, put the inter cooler back and cleared the code by disconnecting the battery. Started the bad lad back up, no code. It was great success!!!!

All together the job took about 14 hours and a fifth of jack daniels, not a bad weekend. I would say this was a very simple job, a lot of steps, but easy enough. I do not think anyone should be intiminadeted by this task.