LegacyGT.com

Front Lower Control Arm Bushing

Sorry if this has been addressed already, but I’ve been searching for months and can’t seem to find a good option for my LCA bushings which have been torn since I bought the car. I’m almost considering the mevotech front Lca as it appears to come with poly bushings. The ball joints from mevotech have never had a great reputation, and that’s whats keeping me away. Are there any good options for a press in bushing that I’m missing? I had an spk part number at one point that seemed to only be available in foreign markets. Does anyone have a solution that has held up for them?

I thought the Mevotechs have a good rep.

Their bushing are not poly, they are solid rubber.

I replaced all the bushings and ball joint instead of the entire arms, am in a foreign market though.

-ball joints 20206AJ000

-control arm bushings big 20204AJ020

-control arm bushing small 20204AG030

Those are the front bushings, right? Anything I've seen from anyone who replaced those don't bushings said that they introduce a massive amount of NVH, while providing no noticeable benefit. That was for poly bushings, though, no idea if those would be as bad being rubber.

I took my front control arms arm out because they had Whiteline bushings. Removing them did reduce my NVH (and got rid of my water bottle squeak). I read that the front LCA bushing contributed to the NVH more so than the rear pancake bushing. That being said, one of the prior owners put every Whiteline bushing in to my suspension and it has Group N strut mounts and a solid mount where the Rear LCA bolts into the spindle. Edited by dgoodhue

Thanks for the info guys. Sounds like mevotech is an option then. I’ve read somewhere on here (maybe in the outback forum) that the stock ones have torn repeatedly within something like 10k miles. Jersey roads have to be some of the worst in the country, combined with the way I drive... I’d like something that’ll last a little longer. I don’t think I need anymore nvh either. Hopefully the mevotech will hold up. Edited by Brett_dub

Thanks for the info guys. Sounds like mevotech is an option then. I’ve read somewhere on here (maybe in the outback forum) that the stock ones have torn repeatedly within something like 10k miles. Jersey roads have to be some of the worst in the country, combined with the way I drive... I’d like something that’ll last a little longer. I don’t think I need anymore nvh either. Hopefully the mevotech will hold up.

The pancake bushings all tear unless its a 2 piece design like the AVO bushings. At 10k miles, the bushings may have tears but the bigger question is when does it tear all the way through. I almost wonder if Subaru designed the pancakes bushing so that they forced replacements which usually would include new ball joints.

At 235k miles, your Legacy is probably on its 2nd control arms.