LegacyGT.com

Fuel milage problem newbe question

Now I'm not here to complain about the mileage that I used to get with my stock 05 EAT LGT. I have a question about my mileage after getting a hold of some questionable fuel. I was on the road and had to get some brand of fuel I have never ran before. I only pumped about 5 gal. Before this I was getting the average mileage that I have seen here, but now it has dropped to around 15 city, 18 open road. I tried running two tanks of Mobil fuel system cleaner through, but no improvement. My guess is that I have some crap in the injectors, but I don't know how to fix it.?

You could try adding a can of BG-44K at next fillup. Drive about 100 miles into the fillup then reset your ECU. Start logging your MPG after the 250 mile mark and compare with what you were averaging before. There should be some difference. If not, I would look into the basics, air filter/intake, intercooler/hose leaks, fuel filter, fouled plugs, coil packs, fuel injectors, tire pressure, tune (rich)?, right foot check etc.

Thankfully I didn't. A friend I race with did. I race nitro powered sedans and that's what can happen when you run one too long when the car doesn't shift.........

You're the first person to know what my avatar is.

Archived