LegacyGT.com

Airbag light

I had my multifunction switch out because my headlights weren't lighting correctly. I followed the FSM, but now that it's all back together my airbag light stays lit. Both yellow connectors are solid, and everything else works right. Is there some secret step needed to get it back toether, or do I need to talk to the computer to clear some code?

Thanks.

I was extra careful not to wind it, but seems like that must be it. Gently clockwise to stop and then back about 2.68 turns to pointers lined up. Maybe I'll get things apart this weekend and see what I can find.

I know my clockspring is fubar too. My left turn signal turns off WHILE I'm making a left turn, some times before I even turn the wheel an 1/8 of a turn. I hear a lot of popping and cracking in the clockspring and I've never had the steering wheel off leading me to believe they're just shitty clocksprings.

I guess so. I followed the FSM carefully and borked. At least my directionals are spot on still. I guess I'll be pulling the cluster and eliminating the bulb. At least that will give me a chance to see if I have the low fuel light mentioned in the manual...

Let me know if there is a low fuel light. I've been wondering the same thing. When my gauge reads on E and I fuel up, I only get 12 gallons, so I know my gauge is about 1/4 tank off but I'm too chickenshit to push it 20-30 miles past the E.

every one of my subies did about the same, so when i first bought them i would wait a few tanks to establish the mpg then filled a 2 gallon can and ran it till it sputtered. it would sputter at just about 15.7 gal to fill, all 4 cars were well over 300 miles for the tank. the best one oddly was the GT at 390 miles. the light turned on at about 335 miles, and usually take about 14ish gallons to fill if i stop when it goes on.

every damn one of them hits the E on the gauge at about 180 miles. stupid gauges.

Adjusted for my tire size, and my speedo and odo reading 8% faster, I get 310 miles (~334 shown on the trip) until the gauge reads empty. When I fill it, it only takes about 12.9 gallons, which is 23-25 mpg city/highway combined mileage. Considering I've got a very heavy foot and I like to rape that skinny pedal, I could probably get more. Still better than my old car which was 13 years newer and barely saw 22 combined out of it's 4 cylinder. That equates to almost 400 miles if I actually let the tank get that low to where the light would come on. And who says the 2.5 gets crap mileage? I've beat all EPA ratings for that motor/body configuration, which is rated 18 city/24 highway/21 combined.

Archived