LegacyGT.com

Moving and have found tune/AP issue - HELP!

mcsquish

So please forgive my ignorance, I ended up getting out of modifying my LGT before I got into tuning; I have a situation that I’m not sure how to fix. I am getting ready to move way west and I think I have found out that where I’m moving to does not have 93 octane fuel. One issue I found is that I currently I should have a basic Cobb stage 1 93 octane tune, so I should switch to a 91 octane tune correct? Now this is where it gets “fun”. Before I did say I “should” have a tune, as in around 8 years ago I flashed the tune using my Cobb V1 AP and haven’t attached my AP in the last maybe 3 years when I had to clear a code. When I tried to use my AP a couple days ago I got the dreaded error that the AP is not attached to the correct car. I did call Cobb and was told that the V1 AP is too old and they can’t do anything for me. So the big question I have is what is the correct direction to go? Is it possible for me to pick up a used V2 AP and get it married to my car even thought a V1 could be already married to it? Do I need to go find a tuner and have them fix this? If I need to go to a tuner, should I wait until I have moved and find one?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Archived